Anyone Regret Their WE 1911?

vilerk

I have to say I'm a little disappointed with my MEU 1911. I put a lot of money into it (magazines, tightbore, etc.) and i haven't been able to get consistent performance out of it. After dabbling in KWA NS2 and Tokyo Marui, I see what CAN be achieved with GBB pistols and i think I'm going to phase out my WE. When my WE works, it works well though, and looks great (thats initially why I bought it). If i could do it again i'd get a Marui or Meister MEU 1911.

Yeah, I guess the only reason I bought it because it was cheap and had a good recoil. At first it performed nice, but slowly started to degrade... I'm probably going to get a Marui MEU or 5-7 next. The only thing I don't like about Marui 1911s are the double stack magazines though.

I'm shocked at all this.

My first 1911 has been dropped, kicked, dropkicked, forced to wear a tight leather...holster... and all thats gone wrong despite NO maintenance and using propane continuously is that the bushing broke when I fired it in -4 temperatures.

The magazines can be annoying, the BB pushers sometimes break (I have one that wont feed the BBs because of this, and another I have to load from the top). But heck, theyre still rocking!

TBH with 9 mags, and for the price, I will keep buying them if they keep breaking. But I dont expect that for a while.

I'm shocked at all this.

My first 1911 has been dropped, kicked, dropkicked, forced to wear a tight leather...holster... and all thats gone wrong despite NO maintenance and using propane continuously is that the bushing broke when I fired it in -4 temperatures.

The magazines can be annoying, the BB pushers sometimes break (I have one that wont feed the BBs because of this, and another I have to load from the top). But heck, theyre still rocking!

TBH with 9 mags, and for the price, I will keep buying them if they keep breaking. But I dont expect that for a while.

Ahh yes, the infamous bb follower. Both of mine broke within days of getting the magazines and now I have very strict procedure of loading that ensures that the follower doesn't launch up to the feed lip at mach 3!! I ordered backup bb followers as I know it is inevitable that I'm going to break them again (they're THAT delicate).

Actually, I find that the magazines are the weakest link in the WE 1911. I have found that my MEU works well when i use a full (and therefore higher pressure) bottle of propane when filling the mags. If my propane/green gas bottle is getting low the mags don't fill correctly and the gun shoots like shitt. I'm still a little disappointed at this flaw.

One of the medallions fell off the "pachmayer" grips and now it looks kind of funny. I added up it up and I've spent a total of $302 on the gun, holster, mags, and upgrades. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Additional:

I dropped one of my WE M1911A1s on a tiled floor on Sunday. It cracked the back of the frame, and bend the slide in so much the hammer wouldnt drop.

I prised it out with a screwdriver, and the gun works absolutely fine. Not to mention that slide replacements are just $40 :o

---

Cobra Airsoft have the BB pushers in stock. Im thinking of ordering 20+, mostly to sell on. Anyone interested in buying some if I get them? I dont want to make profit particularly, but its cheaper for one person to buy bulk and add them to an order, than for everyone to buy individually.

In short, I have never regretted MY WE 1911. My HiCapa experience has been a nightmare though.

The long of is is that I have personally owned 4 WE HiCapa pistols (x2 AE Custom Combat Masters that are factory modded WEs and x2 WE Dragons) and 1 SOCom Gear 1911 MEU Pistol (A WE with somethings different...not much). My brothers and I have, in total, owned 7 WE based HiCapa pistols and 3 WE based 1911s. Wanna know what I have learned?

HiCapas variants in general seem to be REALLY all over the place. If you get a good one (My AE Combat Masters for instance...) they last and last, but such ever atom of green gas in the free world for fire. If they suck, they are usually real lemons. I mean slides shattering, valves blowing out, o-rings missing, leaf springs failing, spring guide bushings/plugs shooting out the front of the gun and Slide Stop Pins exploding is pretty horrific! That is why I will never buy another one again. Then again the only 2 Tokyo Marui HiCapa pistols I have had experience with were not too different. 1 was pure awesome...the other just blew apart over one 3 day week end! This leads me to think there is something wrong with the inherent design. Their magazines (no matter the brand) have major issues. Physical failures aside, they even have performance issues. Accuracy is inconsistent, FPS is REALLY inconsistent, gas consumption is inconsistent and cool down is an ever looming threat...AND I LIVE IN FREAKIN HAWAII! *recomposes*

The 1911 variants I have had experience with were easily explains. 1 1911 was an early model single stack WE. It pretty much bit the dust after its' inaugural plinking. The person that owned that one pretty much wanted his money back, but never got it from the e-tailer he bought it at. The next was my SOCom Gear MEU. It is a friggin tank. It is just tough. HOWEVER the only time I thought it was malfunctioning I was mistaken. If the mag is low, the slide will cycle, but the BBs will not come out of the barrel. They roll out. Fill her up and she shoots like a dream. Let her get NEAR empty and this issue shows up. That guns in rock solid, accurate and fires very smoothly. My brother just got a stock WE 1911 MEU and his is less accurate (which leads me to believe that maybe the SOCom gear pistols have a better barrel...), but every bit as reliable as mine is. My thought here is that the first run or 2 of the WE 1911s were messed up. Since then they have been really good. The only other airsoft 1911s I have to measure the WEs against are 2 Western Arms 1911s (A Delta Elite and a Gold one) and a TM 1911. The WEs felt LOADS better than the TM, if that makes sense, but the Western Arms was even nicer. The WAs were just even more accurate. I mean the TM was nice too, but there was something better about the WAs that was hard to put my finger on. The WEs are great great guns, but I think if I was rich all I would buy would be Western Arms. They are that nice. I bet they would be even sweeter with metal kits. The WEs fell closer to the WAs than the TM. Close to the middle though. The TM was nice, but there is something about that solid kick that WEs and WAs deliver that make them seem better.

This is my experience. your mileage may vary.

Archived