6.01 combined with hpm .28's & sgm .29's

greg

I'm a firm believer that the relationship between the internal diameter of a barrel & external diameter of a bb is critical for best performance.

I think it is why folk 'prefer' different barrels. We all remember the 6.05 V's 6.01 debates. :rolleyes:

With the bbs I have used over the years (Blasters, Devils, HPM's, & SGMs), I have gained a great deal of confidence with 6.03 barrels.

I am now considering an edgi custom 6.01.

There is a bit of a mental block, as I have only got a few guns with 6.01mm barrels. They are pdi's in pistols & aegs.

I have never had any problems with them but don't use those particular guns a huge amount.

Specifically, I want to put this barrel into a KSC MP7.

I was hoping a few of my fellow sniper types could give me first hand experience of how the 6.01's work in conjunction with Guarder HPM .28's & SGM .29's? As these are the bb's I use in the MP7.

Greg.

Personaly mate I've never used a 6.01, or ever will, I'm currently converting most of my pieces to highly polished 6.08s with the only exceptions being my VSR and SR25, 6.04 systema custom and 6.03 Madbull respectively.

My visser always hated SGMs, hates with a passion .28 Blasters, but love the .28 Guarders...... figure that out if you can :unsure:

I think your into the relms of sucking it and seeing if anything decent comes out the end ;) (fnar, fnar)

If you're going to run a 6.01 then you should run any of those other brand except the SGM's. The craptastic ammo on that list will produce the occasional jam and the imperfections will stand out in your consistency much more than a large ID barrel. I saw the Bioval thread, which really are the best bb's to use with a tight bore, and understand that these might not be available to you.

Blasters (rebranded madbull), Devils, and SGM's will leave residue in your barrel. A quick swab with a dry, wet, dry series of patches will clean it fine. Guarder will leave streaks which are tougher to remove but you still use the same method. Do not use oil to clean them. I have no info on HPM's though.

I think alot of the problems most people run into with tighter bore barrels is ignorance of increased maintenance requirements for a tighter bore and instead believe it to be faulty.

I hhad a 6.01 in my old g-spec the 430 length and tbh i never really saw that much improvemnt over the 6.03 ,my friend has it now and uses the gaurder .28s ,he swears by them but as ive said before if the bbs isnt at least .36 theres now real point chucking at someone

save your money matey

If you're going to run a 6.01 then you should run any of those other brand except the SGM's. The craptastic ammo on that list will produce the occasional jam and the imperfections will stand out in your consistency much more than a large ID barrel. I saw the Bioval thread, which really are the best bb's to use with a tight bore, and understand that these might not be available to you.

Blasters (rebranded madbull), Devils, and SGM's will leave residue in your barrel. A quick swab with a dry, wet, dry series of patches will clean it fine. Guarder will leave streaks which are tougher to remove but you still use the same method. Do not use oil to clean them. I have no info on HPM's though.

I think alot of the problems most people run into with tighter bore barrels is ignorance of increased maintenance requirements for a tighter bore and instead believe it to be faulty.

Sorry, I think I may not have made my point correctly.

Have you used SGM's in a gun with a 6.01mm barrel?

If so, how was it?

Greg.

I hhad a 6.01 in my old g-spec the 430 length and tbh i never really saw that much improvemnt over the 6.03 ,my friend has it now and uses the gaurder .28s ,he swears by them but as ive said before if the bbs isnt at least .36 theres now real point chucking at someone

save your money matey

Unfortunately I can't save my money. :rolleyes:

Whatever happens, I will be getting a 300mm barrel custom made for the MP7.

My question is, what ID?

As said, I'm familiar & happy with 6.03 but toying with the idea on this occasion of going for a 6.01.

Greg.

Sorry, I think I may not have made my point correctly.

Have you used SGM's in a gun with a 6.01mm barrel?

If so, how was it?

Yes, it ran very well with no problems. The SGM's left some powdery residue around the hopup chamber and in the barrel which was cleaned out after each game. I did not have any jams running SMG's nor Biovals. I did run into some jams using Airsoft Elite ammo and other crappy brands. So I ponied up and kept using the expensive stuff. I had noticeable increases in fps but I do not have any documented accuracy results between the stock and 6.01 or the older 6.03. Just never bother to compared the two. Sorry.

Yes, it ran very well with no problems. The SGM's left some powdery residue around the hopup chamber and in the barrel which was cleaned out after each game. I did not have any jams running SMG's nor Biovals. I did run into some jams using Airsoft Elite ammo and other crappy brands. So I ponied up and kept using the expensive stuff. I had noticeable increases in fps but I do not have any documented accuracy results between the stock and 6.01 or the older 6.03. Just never bother to compared the two. Sorry.

Thankyou.

Greg.

Archived