GBB Sniper thread.

greg

Hopefully, this thread will develop into a list of helpful info. :D

I have a KSC MP7 GBB & have been rather surprised about how accurate & reliable it is.

Not only that, but replacement of various parts has made it a bit powerful.

I'm not the only one, others such as 'airsoft NJ' have recorded sniper like accuracy.

I know gbb's are not known for accuracy or reliability but looking through the various threads (KSC MP7, Gas Pistols Review), it would appear that the MP7 is the exception to this rule.

With this in mind, I am working on an MP7 sniper! I know this is a bit niche, as the proper snipers out there, want a gun that is a meter ling & so heavy it needs a bipod. Not me, I have already based an electro sniper on a P90 & got the same, good, results you would expect from an M14.

I am going to use a KWA Tiawan, as this one comes in with the highest fps, of the various options. The power can be further increased by installing a cnc rocket valve, porting the mag valves & extending the barrel. At this point it should be approaching 500fps.

I have a 300x6.00mm edgi barrel which has been made for the mp7. I've tried it out in my KSC Jap & it looks promising, delivering 50mm groups at 20m, with guarder hpms @ 455fps.

Is there anyone out there with any experience/advice re this little venture?

Or indeed, please contribute to the wider gbb sniper theme.

Greg.

PS: Not that any of you sniper types need reminding but, as per electro snipers, there are legal implications, re full auto airsoft guns above a certain fps & site rules re fps & med. ;) Don't break local laws, or hurt anyone.

I made a perfect hunting tool out of my 1911 :). I wouldn't call it much of a "sniper weapon" as I've only upgraded its power marginally and focused more on accuracy at mid ranges. Basically its an accurized 1911 with a 6.5" compensated barrel and 2x20 scope. It's only doing 280fps on .25g bbs right now, but I was able to nab a guys thumb poking out a door holding a pistol at approximately 25m away in like 2 shots to compensate for bullet drop. Ideally I wanted to stick in a 14" barrel much like a Springfield SASS, boosting power to around 400fps but realized I wouldn't be able to holster it anymore :P

I've always liked the idea of a GBB sniper rifle; Something along the lines of knocking up a stock and fresh externals, and fitting a suitable GBB into it - Anyone done something similar? I've always loved the idea of a Ruger 22-a-like with a Marui GBB and a nice long barrel hidden inside.

Candyman and Dobey stuffed GBBs in their WA2000 builds. Candyman used a WA 1911 and Dobey a WE CO2 Hi-capa. Then there's X Lupins M14 which has an ACM Detonics inside. Ruger 10/22 is nice, but trying to copy that eensy rotary magazine would be hard. And even if you tried the long external mag approach, almost any gas mag out there is much larger than the real one. Might be better off doing a Ruger PC9 or PC4 instead.

The ruger was the first thing i thought of really... It's not something i'm considering doing immediately (I have nowhere near enough tools or technical skill), but i'm thinking something along the lines of carving up a piece of wood to fit a GBB and a longer barrel into, and then worrying about the externals.

As for the Mp7 idea, i reckon you're onto a winner - Having had a play with one on Sunday, i'm pretty much astonished. The thing hurls a .3 seemingly forever in an amazingly straight line. On top of that, the low mag capacity wouldn't matter in a sniper format... What with it's small size as well, i don't think it'd be too difficult to somehow add a longer stock and/or handguard with a bit of work...

Greg, have you put any teflon tape around the inner barrel to keep it from vibrating and ratteling inside the outer barrel, or is the fit so tight that its not necessary? Its quite common with gbbs that its a little loose... If it is, you will get even better results if you put some teflontape there as you probably know biggrin.gif

Greg, have you put any teflon tape around the inner barrel to keep it from vibrating and ratteling inside the outer barrel, or is the fit so tight that its not necessary? Its quite common with gbbs that its a little loose... If it is, you will get even better results if you put some teflontape there as you probably know biggrin.gif

The KSC MP7 is pretty good. Thank you for the idea but no, I haven't used teflon. I put a small o-ring over the inner barrel, at the end of the outer, where the flash hider screws on. I use the same trick with g-specs: Counter sink the exit hole & then the o-ring clamps the barrel in place, when the slencer is screwed down. ;)

Greg.

ruger... It's not something i'm considering doing immediately

Well this might compel you to

pc9_ipsc.jpg

634002903731805000jnwtuia0.jpg

real purdy too, could probably use a Glock inside. TM clone so the hop-up would be reliable.

On the MP7, maybe that's why its so accurate, that they ditched their crummy ball bearing for a hop-up design.

Oh hot damn i want that in my life... It's probably easy enough to get hold of a Polymer stock over here, but it looks like there'd be quite a lot of parts fabrication... The magazine also looks to be quite a lot longer than a glock mag which might cause a problem... Maybe a KSC glock/50 round mag?

Archived