Ford Fiesta Electrical Problems

mattmanic

Hey, I have a Mk4 Fiesta, it's a decent car but the previous owner has done things with it. They replaced the stereo and added rear speaker and in doing so seem to have broken most of the electronics. The remote locking doesn't work at all, the key seems fine, it flashes when I tell it to, just no response from the car. Secondly the boot open button, next to the gear stick does nothing, thirdly the door-interior light buttons do nothing so opening and closing the doors has no effect on the interior light.

Anyone know about these things? Is there anything I can do? I don't really want to take it to a garage if I can do it myself.

Thanks

If it's a solo interor light then it is possible the bulb has blown. As for the central locking, check there is power going to the drivers door lock as that one normally controls the others. Do the doors lock if you manually lock the drivers door?

If the radio is near where the boot open button is they may have dislodged one of the connectors when fitting the radio.

central locking fault: possibly the remote has lost its programming to the receiver. hence, why it'll light up and all the rest, but wont unlock it.

interior light: check the bulbs, then check the switches. they'll be somewhere near the hinges of the door.

boot release: man up and open it FROM the boot. jeez. ;)

well I looked it up they don't sell them over here until I think it said summer.

Well, traditionally Americans don't tend to go for cars that you can't fit a V8 into. Mine is a 1996 and they've been around since the 70s so it's about time you got them over there.

Yeah, erm, it seems there are no door light switches at all, had a look on teh interwebs to see where they're meant to be and there are just holes, on both sides...

The key remote seems fine, I can get it to do what it says it's meant to in the manual but there is meant to be a light which comes on on the dashboard so you can see that the key and the car are synchronised but it doesn't.

Well, traditionally Americans don't tend to go for cars that you can't fit a V8 into. Mine is a 1996 and they've been around since the 70s so it's about time you got them over there.

Yeah, erm, it seems there are no door light switches at all, had a look on teh interwebs to see where they're meant to be and there are just holes, on both sides...

The key remote seems fine, I can get it to do what it says it's meant to in the manual but there is meant to be a light which comes on on the dashboard so you can see that the key and the car are synchronised but it doesn't.

Thats a pretty harsh generalization there... considering the imense popularity of Honda's, Toyota's, etc etc, that generalization seems to have died, a long *albartroth* time ago.

Not saying I dont like my V8's :D Vroom vroom!

Archived