What GBBR for America

jond36

Word from KWA USA is that they're working with BATF to avoid the problem WE had.

RS has also said it's taken measures to ensure that its M4 GBBR will not encounter the problem.

Of course, neither product has hit the market yet, so it remains to be seen what will actually happen.

WA/G&P will be fine. Internal dimensions of parts are different from real guns and WA/G&P guns are slightly smaller than 1:1 so receivers can't be adapted.

KJW is also drastically different.

I thought the KJW may have been different but I wasnt sure. So WA is actually not as bad as WE? Has WA versions been investigated then?

Im looking to get kjw m4 and will be buying it from overseas as stateside prices are totally uncompetitive. I have to admit i am worried about seizure but that goes with any over seas order Ive made. Btw it is the large shipments of orders that get stopped. I had a WE CQBR v3 (same one that dope in the ATF video tried to put a mag in backwards) and that got threw fine, without an orange tip mind you. Sure sent me rushing for the orange paint.

• 2 weeks later...

WA/G&P will be fine. Internal dimensions of parts are different from real guns and WA/G&P guns are slightly smaller than 1:1 so receivers can't be adapted.

KJW is also drastically different.

I'm a little confused by you.

You already saw THIS in the other thread and made the following reply:-

They replaced the hammer on the WA with a real one. It seems like the milled out space for the fire control parts is what will make the issue a problem.

And like racingmaniac said, with their current standards even AEG's aren't safe.

Slightly schizophrenic opinion there. :unsure:

So, yeah, it seems WA-style M4s are already a no-go, regardless of whether the receiver is made of plastic or not.

As I said in the other thread, it seems a shame that KJW went to so much trouble to build a bolt carrier that was utterly different to a real one if all the BATF is gonna to is toss away all the upper and drop a real one on there, held in place with a tapered centre-punch if neccesary.

Given the way they seem to have said "The WA gun won't fit real-steel parts in it but the plastic receiver was easy to mill out so they fit" I wouldn't like to comment on what you'd have to do to built a US-compliant M4.

I mean, you could build one with a G&G M14 style mag and so real-steel mag's won't fit in the magwell but the guy from the BATF, depending on whether he got laid the night before or whether KWA paid for a holiday fact-finding mission for his family in the Cayman Islands, might simply decide that it was still "easy" to re-shape the magwell so a real mag could fit.

I guess a company would really have to get advice off the BATF on what is acceptable or not.

Funny really, cos that'd mean going all defensive about what is, after all, a completely legal item.

Gotta love the "land of the free" and all that.

Bear in mind, as well, that the real reason they're banning toy guns in the USA is because Charlton Heston and his buddies would kick up too much of a fuss if they ceased to be able to buy parts for REAL weapons in an unregulated manner.

Me, I guess I'd buy a WE SCAR instead.

I'm a little confused by you.

You already saw THIS in the other thread and made the following reply:-

Slightly schizophrenic opinion there. :unsure:

So, yeah, it seems WA-style M4s are already a no-go, regardless of whether the receiver is made of plastic or not.

Um... There was a week between my first response and the news story in your link. Then another 2 days till my next response. Suffice to say that new information came to light during that time.

Um... There was a week between my first response and the news story in your link. Then another 2 days till my next response. Suffice to say that new information came to light during that time.

Ah, fair do's.

For some reason I thought this thread appeared in the last day or so, as a result of the hassle with WE and, then, with WA and JG.

Archived