TM: MEU vs P226

TheL96Sniper

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite?

• MEU
    • P226
  2. 2. Which easiest to disassemble, upgrade, fix etc for first GBB?

• MEU
    • P226
  3. 3. Can you get a full mag off one fill of gas? (MEU only)

• Yes
    • No

ive voted for the meu as i have one i find its a very good accurate gun good build quality. i can fire a full mag plus nearly another full one one abbey 134 gas with only one gas fill. theres plenty of custom parts out there ranging from full metal kits down to new grips etc. its easy to take apart with only one pin holding the slide barrel to the gun frame, easy to remove gbb unit and spring for cleaning, Only down side it you need to take the slide away from the frame to adjust the hop up.

TM 1911 A1 or MEU is really easy to dissasemble, everything goes together quite easly. The sig is only slightly harder, and only with whats under the grips.

My 1911A1 always finishes a mag. As i mentioned in another thread a stock 1911 with 134a gas will shoot 40-50 rounds depending on tempriture, this is how TM designed the gun, therefore its perfect :P.

You can happly use green gas in stock form, I do, and it drops to 35 or so rounds depending on tempriture. Its only when you do super upgrades, especially metal slides, that you ever have problems with 1911 gas efficiency.

I have been using 1911s for some time now, but am after a TM 1911 for my brit army loadout. I have upgraded/repaired several already but never took one to a game.

I find the P226 much easier to work with, mostly because everything just comes right out. Push a lever, slide comes off, take the recoil rod out, and then slide the barrel and hopup out.

On the MEU is slightly more annoying as you have to remove the barrel bushing first before you can get the barrel and hopup out. Not to mention the slide stop/take down pin on the MEU is a separate piece which could be lost.

for got to say the meu has a few safety features like all true 1911 it wont fire unless the beaver safety grip is pressed also has a slide lock lever stops the trigger from being pressed and the slide from going back, it also has a half cock position on the hammer which disengages the trigger so even with the slide safety catch off and beaver tail pressed the gun will not fire.

Whoever voted that they can't get a whole mag off on a TM 1911, you are doing it wrong!!!

{edit} i just noticed i made a mistake in my post up there, cant edit so ill correct it here

I have been using 1911s for some time now, but am after a TM P226 for my brit army loadout.

I dunno I like the look of a MEU and know it's a great pistol bit a SIG P226 would complete my SAS loadout at the same time the SAS can use whatever they like lol

Then get the p226.

they are both great guns. You wont be dissapointed either way.

I voted MEU, love mine to bits, easy to take apart and put back together, great performance...

I've personally had some issues with getting a full mag out of a single charge of gas with mine, but i'm currently putting this down to the ######-poor Green Gas that I was sold by Zero One... (I know it's blunt, but the stuff is awful!). I found it much better on 134a, but I was only able to use the dregs out of a friends can to see so I only had enough for about 10 shots.

I've never got on with the looks or ergonomics of the P226, I just don't like the stubby angular shape and I find that double stack handguns don't fit well in my hand.

To be honest though, as long as you go TM you'll be impressed with either pistol. If you get the chance, hold both, see what feels better in your hand and choose that way.

i find if i only fill the mag for around 3-4 secs its not long enough to fire a full mag i find u have to wait till the gas starts escape out the mag fill valve around 6-10 secs.

You should always fill mags this way. It is impossible to "burst" a mag by overfilling it, so why not just fill it full! You know its full when it starts spitting at you.

I can count to 5 when i fill 1911 mags, and it spits on 5 every single time :D.(with green gas, YMMV)

I forgot to say but I have quite small hands. Is there any which is slightly better?

Also am I right in saying MEU's 1 fill of gas thing is now sorted out. The ones made in the last 6/7 months are apparently fine. But I don't know if that's true.

if its a stock meu then yes no problem it when you come to fitting metal slide and new springs etc that performance drops off on gas use i use 134 gas but its down personal choice i will be moving to abbey prediator gas when its a bit colder. As said in another thread the magazine is narrow on a 1911 and tm made them double stack to get more bb's in the space compared to single stack, this means theres less space for gas to fire the full mag 28 shot.

where about are you id say go down your local airsoft shop/retailer or if some one at your local skirmish has a meu or p226 then ask to hold the gun and see for your self. ive not held the p226 but id imagine it carnt be much of a bigger frame to the 1911. its not like its tm desert eagle which have very wide grips

Yea it will be pretty much stock for a while. At most a metal slide after but not til next year...

Is there any parts on either gun which are dodgy or need replaced etc?

Thnks for all the help so far

ive not heard nething bad about the guns to be fair so carnt say ive not had any problems with mine fired around 2000 rounds now

• 4 weeks later...

The P226, being double stacked, feels much fatter in my hand. I prefer single stack M1911s because of the slim grip profile. Sizewise they're both decent. Pretty small compared to a .50 desert eagle haha

As for gas consumption, today I tried out my brand new Guarder kitted TM MEU. (I fired something like 10 rounds stock and then immediately swapped bodykits) Even with stock springs I managed to get out 24 full powered shots at 60-70 degrees F.

The erganomics of the 1911 is rather old school, but still very good. The sig is a much more modern grip, and is better IMO. But thats the RS that defines that, TM just copies the shape :P.

I find that the sig P226 is very similar to the full frame glocks, I went from a G17 to a sig 226 without changing my muscle memory. Changing rom the g17 to a 1911 my aim was thrown off untill i did some practace shooting.

I am quite happy shooting both 1911s and sigs, both good designs.

Archived