Airsoft handguns?!

0wl

Hello all!

I need some, or better said a lot of advise on the matter of airsoft handguns because i cannot make up my mind on the brand and/or model to choose!

I want a backup weapon (come to think of it i don't even have a primary weapon as well) in the near future and have no idear what to look for. I will most likely go for the M15A4 C.Q.B. by Classic Army.

I am new to the whole airsoft "thingy" and know only some basic things about it.

Secondly where i live these things are highly illegal so the only option for me is to ask you guys and then proceed from there.

Brand, so many manufacturers (quality comes to mind, as well as accurate detailing of the model).

I have no idear yet what the big thing with the gas blowback really is so tell me about it please.

Thanx for your patience. :)

After a PM from Owl, I am re-opening this thread.

Dutch airsoft players play in Belgium where it is not illegal. I never intended to order one such a weapon i simply wanted some more info before travelling to Belgium and purchasing one which will be stored in Belgium like most Dutch do!

Regards Henk (0wl).

As long as you will not be breaking Dutch law by owning replicas there, this thread can remain open, as it is difficult for you to get your own first hand experience without going to Belgium.

So, can anyone help Owl with some good reliable first hand information?

Cheers all. ;)

KWA/KSC guns are probably your best all round balance of looks, reliabilty and cost.

Western Arms tend to be more expensive and more accurate real steel replicas, but they tend to either be amazing pieces or lemons; you'll get a lot of conflicting viewpoints.

KJW - some guns are great, like the P14. Avoid their USP's like the plague.

TM - Do a lot of very nice Gas pistols, including my personal favourite, the Mk23 NBB Socom kit.

Apoloigies for my earlier post, and I hope this helps. :)

They have some OK ones nat as good as KWA but also the KJW USP's seem a bit well variable i have a P8 and never had a problem, think it is a great gun, Others have had really bad experiances and my mate has had a very dodgy KJW m9. So all in all go for a KWA uspc :P

What sort of thing are you after?

Do you want a super-accurate replica?

Do you want a metal gun?

Do you want a gun which is a copy of a gun used by military forces?

Anything you can tell us about what you want will help us help you.

Since you'll be storing the gun in a different country to where you live I guess you won't be wanting it as a display item. You'll be wanting something which is a practical skirmish pistol, right?

Two guns which I can recommend straight away, for skirmishes, are the KJW M9 and the HFC M190. Both are metal copies of the Beretta M92F.

I have quite a lot of experience with both guns.

I've found that the quality of KJW M9s is pretty variable. Some are very good and some are awful.

I've only seen 2 HFC M190s and they are both great.

However, neither of these pistols have authentic trademarks. Also, neither of them replicate the decocking function of the safety catch. The safety catch works but it doesn't decock the hammer like on a real one.

If you want a gun which is a 100% authentic copy of a real firearm then Western Arms are the best guns by a mile.

I have a WA M9 as well and it IS very good. Even though it's made of plastic it's heavy enough that it feels like it's metal.

What else?

Well, Any of the KWA Glocks are good, reliable, guns. KSC guns are exactly the same as KWA except that they have authentic trademarks, which KWA ones don't.

A lot of places sell KWA Glock 19s which are fitted with a metal slide as standard and they are a great gun and pretty cheap.

I understand that KJW also make a copy of the Glock 23 which is as good as the KWA gun.

Beyond that, the Marui HiCapa and Sig P228 are supposed to be very good quality.

As has been said, anything by KSC or KWA will be reliable and well made.

Maruzen make some good guns and some bad ones. Which particular Maruzen pistol were you thinking of?

P99 by any chance?

I think there are several versions of the P99 around. I have seen the standard GBB one. It's a good pistol although it's made of plastic and a bit light weight.

One thing I would say about the P99: Make sure you get a holster that definately WILL fit it.

Even though the pistol is roughly the same size as a Glock 19 it needs a holster which is very wide because the measurement from the top of the slide down to the bottom of the trigger guard is rather big. It's a very chunky little gun.

If you want accurate detaling of the models...then it really narrows it down to the Japanese Models...they by far have the most acurate detailing.

If your curious about the Maruzen P99, I can tell you about it...but really you should ask yourself..."what do I really want..." and then come and ask us what mfg makes a good one.

I was very "taken" by the MK 23 SOCOM, but i wanted a metal version.

On this site there is a review about a metal MK 23. So i started reading and reading and came accros the part where you connect the barrel to the silencer and gues what .............. plastic!

Then i saw the P99, silenced and with a tactical light!

Looks great but i have no idear (right now) what secondary to get in the "near" future.

Also interested in the Glock models, but i've seen a few manufacturers who make them, there are even Japanese and Taiwanese versions so what is the difference?!

And eventhough i am not looking for a gun to display i do have the same love for details and realism any collector most likely will posses. So i want a gun that looks/feels real, performs good in skirmishes and hopefully not too expensive and available in Europe.

Thanx all! :)

• 1 month later...

Archived