Tanaka Kar-98K won't fire

Utty

So a dude I know converted a Tanaka 98K magazine to take external CO2, but now the gunzer won't fire most of the time, both with the converted magazine and a stock one.

What could be the problem? Worn hammer? Something?

Damn J_S, you need better goggles, for your own safety. :(

Broken hop-up? I dunno if that could be the cause, doesn't seem likely.

I can't be more specific at this time, as I don't have the gun, but the way I under stand it, the gun just "clicks" as if the hammer fails to depress the flow valve.

If someone had experienced something similar or had some idea what might be causing the problem, and can explain how to fix it, then I might attempt to fix it for the dude, who is otherwise pretty lost right now.

Damn J_S, you need better goggles, for your own safety. :(

Broken hop-up? I dunno if that could be the cause, doesn't seem likely.

I can't be more specific at this time, as I don't have the gun, but the way I under stand it, the gun just "clicks" as if the hammer fails to depress the flow valve.

If someone had experienced something similar or had some idea what might be causing the problem, and can explain how to fix it, then I might attempt to fix it for the dude, who is otherwise pretty lost right now.

it could be a number of things

the spring could be to weak the hammer could be worn or the valve on the mag could be worn

It was "only" 200 psi with the C02 magazine. :)

My own guess it's something going on with the hammer. Any pointers on how to disassemble this mechanism, or is it pretty self-evident how to do it? I have of course tried searching for technical guides on this gun, but with surprisingly few results (none), considering the popularity of this model.

Woah, 200 psi?!

You do know that green gas is roughy 100 psi, right?

Did he fire off some shots at that pressure? If so, chances are he has killed a conponent or two in the proccess.

I'd take a good look at the trigger group, it sounds as though something is broken/misalliged there. Any chance of some photos?

When i tried my Tanaka at about 150 PSI it hardly knocked open the valve, so i had to install a stronger hammerspring.

look into the magwell and dryfire it and watch if the hammer "pops out" at all, could be it became a "little short" after hitting the mag with 200psi :)

Archived