Flat vsr-10 hop up arm and FireFly hop rubber?

DangerWerx

Hello everyone,

I was looking at my bar-10 hop up last night and I noticed one of the fingers on the hop up arm was bent slightly inwards at the base. To fix this, I was going to fill the base with JBweld (A quick drying 2 part epoxy/metal) to reinforce the fingers . As I was thinking further, I wondered how effective a flat contact surface (versus the 2 fingers of the stock hop up) would work with a firefly hop up rubber.

I am going to give it a shot and see how it works, but I wanted to know Arnie's member opinions on flat contact surface vs 2 fingers used in conjunction with Firefly hop up rubbers. If all else fails, I can grab a replacement from Evike or etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!(Unplanned shop time)

So I spent the night starting with these guys...

th_IMG_9338.jpg

And after sanding, deburring, brushing and light polishing I ended up with these guys ( few didn't pass inspection)

th_IMG_9341.jpg

Here it is inside the Bar-10 Hop up unit...

th_mms_picture-2.jpg

excuse the poor image, this was taken after camera battery died.

I will test shots tomorrow when there is some light out, and hopefully no rain!

Stay tuned! More will be revealed soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me! :D

I would assume they would, but with a larger depression towards the middle of the hop up lip due to the geometry of a hop up rubber.

I should have some time today to do some firing. Won't have much to test since the winter winds have kicked in.

My main goal is to see how more additional hop this thing can produce.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived