Qs on switching team to Hicapas

elanaiba

So, in light of our recent AIPSC experience we're leaning to have the whole team adopt a style of pistol that would allow us to have a pool of common magazines.

we're heavily leaning towards Marui Hi-Capa 4.3 and relatives, so I was wondering whether I'm correct in my understanding that WE, Marui and KJW Hicapas can use the same magazines?

Also, was wondering if the WE P14 also uses the same magazines?

WE/KJW/TM can use the same mag (size dependant of course). P14 is different AFAIK.

Order of preferance for me is KJW - TM - WE. The WE ones are ok, but the KJW comes CO2 ready where as the TM and WE are not (although the C02 mag will work fine, just destroy the Blowback mech/loading nozzle in time).

The 3.8 has it's own mags as does the 4.3 (although the 5.1 mags work fine just stick out the bottom more on both 3.8 and 4.3 pistols)

Right.

The P14, 5.1 Hi-Capa and 4.3 Hi-Capa of WE, TM and KJ will all work in each other as they use the same magazine just build the gun around it.

Ideally go for the TM models as they are more likely to last longer plus you can customize them easier. Run it on Green or Ultra and it will do just fine.

If you want other options you could try the 1911 variants of TM which have the Army and KJ clones and compatible magazines, just that the WE 1911 will not interchange magazines and 50% of its parts with the TM / Army / KJ models.

'FireKnife'

• 4 weeks later...

I've had problems using WE Hi Capa mags in my TM 4.3, the valve size is smaller than the standard TM one, the valve knocker wouldn't consistently hit it correctly, causing misfires.

I've been using a TM 4.3 for about 2 and half years unupgraded on propane under heavy skirmish use. It's only now come to a time when I need to start upgrading/replacing parts. It's been such an impressive performer, that several players at my site have bought themselves TM Hi Capa's.

Archived