P-90 mag problems

visionviper

I ordered 2 new mags from Airsoft Atlanta not that long ago. Today, I start putting bbs into the mags... and that's when I start having the troubles.

One mag is only holding 47 rounds, not the 68 that it's supposed to.

I tried a little silicone oil to lube th emag up, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

if your confident in taking it apart then do just that but make sure you dont lose any bits!

try leaving some ammo in it overnight to soften the spring. i found my spring was way to stiff 2 load 68 rounds at first

or contact where you got them from!

only advice i have!

hope you sort it!

It could be something stuck in there. My freind had to take apart his mag for similar reasons,I just don't recall what. Why don't you talk to airsoft atlanta. They'd probaly be happy to exchange mags.

Edit- Darn, you guys beat me by seconds!

try leaving some ammo in it overnight to soften the spring. i found my spring was way to stiff 2 load 68 rounds at first

or contact where you got them from!

I'll try calling AA first today.

If hey can't come up with something I'm going to leave rounds in it over night.

Thanks for the help.

Does the other mag hold the set amount?

no.

Well, I think they are closed because it goes to an answering machine.

I'll leave rounds in it overnight. Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, just soften the spring with rounds. If that doesn't work then let an airsmith look at it or just say "Hey, it holds 47 rds and that is better than none..."

~Prometheus

PS:

You know...Sigma Airsoft is in the Atlanta area...we could take a loook at it for you....but that is only if you want us to really work on it. I'm sure we could get the 68....but then again most lo-caps don't hold more than 60 or so....

I think AA sells bad mags, I just got a P90 High-Cap from them and it unwinds constantly, even when wound up till makes an audibly different click. Looks like (from wear on the screws) that someone already tried to take it apart. I took it apart oiled it up and slapped it back together haven't had the time to test it out yet.

Well, my friend has gone through two hicaps for the P90. They all break.

in my opinion and my teams opinions....the P90 mags just suck. I don't know if they test them at the factory...but that could be it.

Your mag might now have been working after they tested it at the factory (if they do test them) so they took it apart and fixed it.

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY unlikely though. They would just have thrown it away if it didn't work.

Someone probably has been into the internals of the mag...but it could just be that the machine that puts them together just stripped the screws or something.

It could be a return to AA that someone said they didn't use so AA would take it back. They might have taken it apart, or AA might have inspected the internals..

~Prometheus

AA is sells qualtiy, but ive had mag qualms with them too. One of my KJW M9 mags broke (the top part that keeps the bbs in place snapped) and my M14 mag had a bb jammed in the clockwork, and i hadnt even put bbs in it? :huh:?

They are very good at fixing their mistakes though. They took my m14 mag and threw the broken one away and gave me an new one, no questions asked. The tech told me that i had a bb jammed in it (no, really) and gave me a new one.

I fixed the KJW mag by myself :D

It may be that your spring is sticky cause its new. Just leave some bbs in it over night, or take it apart and fix it if your confident. Or go back to AA and ask them to fix it. They will give you a new one if you want them too.

Well, I have left bbs in them overnight, and a bit longer, but nothing has changed.

I actually wouldn't mind taking it apart, but I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for once it is apart. (I know how to take the mags apart already :P)

Just look for anything that looks out of place. Look for anything that would inhibit the springs ability to hold the rds.

Things to look for:

1) A piece of plastic that may be deformed that is holding the spring back.

2) a stuck BB

3) Inproperly placed spring

Those are the major ones to look for...

~Prometheus

Archived