Pictures of grenades

Would you mind explaining how they work?

I'm not in a position to take pictures of them at the moment, so here's a crude diagram:

M26A1Diagram.gif

Basically, the spoon holds the plunger down. You put the rubber pusher in place first, then you fill the gas chamber through the fill valve at the top of the plunger. Next, you put BBs or powder or both in the BB chamber, and then put in the rubber plug.

When the spoon releases the plunger, the gas escapes through the discharge port. This forces the rubber pusher out, and in turn the contents of the BB chamber.

It's directional, but the BBs will bounce around a small room pretty well. It's loud enough to know it went off, but not super loud. For these reasons it's better suited to CQB, I think.

It works with green and 134a, but it requires more maintenance if you use green (I notice I need to take it down and lube and reseat the seals more often). There's no real advantage to using green either, aside from propane being cheap (and in my case I carry green with me in my GB-Tech gas charger, so I have it on me). It's probably better to use 134a in the long run, but only time will tell.

I took some more pictuers as well as some video of the frag grenade. Checkout my review for more info on it.

Photo Album

Scans of the instructions:

Front and back pages

Inside pages

Warning page?

Manual in english from Airsoft Extreme (PDF)

Videos:

Impact Test Against Cardboard Pizza Box (MPEG 4, 1MB)

In-Game Scenario Test (MPEG 4, 1.6MB)