MG36 - more LMGísh look

J.J.Simpson

Ok, so I've got SRC MG36 - which is stock at the moment. Internally its ok (not perfect, but whatever).I know that MG36 is not considered an LMG or SAW. Thats why I set a goal to make it look and feel more LMGísh. Here is picture of what I am thinking of - I was looking into RPK and this is somethink I would like to try.

myweapon.jpg?w=c00b8f88

Ok, so the goal is to enhance the looks, ergonics and also leave the option to go back to standard MG36.

Things I think I will need for looks:

G36C front handuard

G36C top handguard rail

Some ACM clip-on barrel bipod or VLOT RIS separate bipod on handguard rails.

Small vertical grip - MAGPUL or TANGO DOWN.

Some sights: ELKEN (but my native army uses Eotech so probably will go with eotech)

Different flashider - maybe NOVESK amplifier for more badass sound system.

No I was thinking on doing some beltfed imitation. I know there is now MG36 that it is belt fed, but - this is some crazy idea and not for milsim usage. I will need to do custom boxmag.

I will need one hi-cap, some RC motor and some plastic sheet. Now, I like C-mag, but it has some problems - first it is not sinced with trigger. Second, it digs into belly and prohibits my hand reaching the handguard comfortably.

I am thinking of doing something like SAW 100rd nutsack and M43 side box mag hybrid and put some 5.56 belt - somethink like Valkyrie belt-fed AR-15.

Internally I will only change hop-ub chamber and TBB.

What you guys think?

Damn Picasa :/ here is the "pimpmygun" picture.

post-61164-0-14212300-1307688580_thumb.jpg

yesterday I got G36C top RIS handguard. I can confirm, that SRC MG36 can't take CA G36C top rail without drilling. The front holes don't allign properly. I will drill to fix that. No I will need Eotech replica and front bipod.

Maybe someone, knows where can I find some low-profile and not bulky clip-on barrel type bipod? A.C.M? G&P?

A MG36 is a G36 with a heavy barrel (wider only under the handguard), G36 bipod, and feeded by betamag dual drum magazines. If you want to make your MG36 a bit more realistic, just change the carry handle with the upper rail for other with the dual optics or a plain one. That's all.

It was originally made for the German Army, but they found it was not a great improvement over a G36 with the same drum mags. So they currently use plain G36 with those mags for the LSW role. The Spanish armed forces does the same. It was also tested by the USMC for the IAR program. It lost it because the MG36 floating barrel was innacurate at long range while shooting long bursts.

Whatever people say, just because is lighter than other weapons it shouldn't be denied it's true nature. The MG36 *is* a LMG/LSW. It shares the same role as the Colt LSW, L86A1, Steyr Aug HBAR, BREN, BAR, RPK and the new HK416 M27 IAR...etc. a light machine gun feeded by magazines.

A MG36 is a G36 with a heavy barrel (wider only under the handguard), G36 bipod, and feeded by betamag dual drum magazines. If you want to make your MG36 a bit more realistic, just change the carry handle with the upper rail for other with the dual optics or a plain one. That's all.

I am familiar with what MG36 is/should be. As I stated - I am not targeting Mil-Sim audience, they wouldn't agree on MG36 anyway. 1. I make somethink unique and nice for myself. 2. I can live only short time with stock gun - reasons for the project.

Why not a double drum mag? easier and less hassle

Personally, I would just

get an "E" conversion kit, the drum mag and call it a day

I have six hole handguard, and big drum mag (we call it "balls") - I already tried that option. My c-mag has some nice feature, like to holes for pouring BB's and push-bbs to the magwell, also it keeps low profile on Y-axis (height). However, it is totally horrible with X-axis (width). I would like to get more space on my stomach part and help myself in standing shooting position to reach handguard. Also, boxmag from M43 are just cool!!! ;] Other problem with C-mags for G36. I have SRC and it is by far the best. I checked CA and Matrix. Matrix has better pastic, but no functionality. CA is somewhere in the middle, but very expensive. Howver, the magwell on the mag side is really wobling and poorly attached to the mags (balls :) ). I can't do anythink about that due to am afraid I will strip screws and brake plastic.

As for the Belt you could get a M249 nut sack auto winding mag and use a M4 mag well =/

I thought at first about that. But nutsacks for M249 are expensive here and also, many people bought AnK m249 recently and there is no nutsacks left :) Also, the profile on Y-axis would be really high and shooting from prone position on level ground would be very complicated (+ making boxmag is very interesting yet easy project)

Maybe someone could give me links to some Boxmag wiring drawings? I saw some on Stoner rifle review pictures, but I would like t see more.

Fair enough.

If you are looking for a G36 box mag that make it look like a belt fed MG, this is the one: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/269/title/first-factory-g36-box-magazine/cat/44

Also, you can take apart one of those battleaxe electric coupled hicaps for the inner parts.

Fair enough.

If you are looking for a G36 box mag that make it look like a belt fed MG, this is the one: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/269/title/first-factory-g36-box-magazine/cat/44

Also, you can take apart one of those battleaxe electric coupled hicaps for the inner parts.

Already tried to source those - quite expesive and also hard to find (atleast where I can get them). But Battle Axe? Yeah. I will check that out. Those will probably have decent gears :)

Archived