5ku slide and frames

jamestsao

I've been looking at the 5ku hi capa slides and frames as well as hammers on various websites and the price is relatively cheap. I was wondering if anyone ever pulled the trigger on these and what the quality is like. I know you get what you pay for but i want to explore all options before i go the expensive prog4/sd route.

Thanks.

It's almost the same products because they come from the same place... kwa/ksc like

You should buy a complete kit though (frame/slide) if you don't want to do minors modifications.

I only own one or two very small, non-mechanical parts from them, but I've looked at them a lot on websites.

Essentially, as far as I can see, and I'm happy to be corrected, they are the major ACM-clone company working in after-market GBB parts. As an ACM company, they copy designs from Airsoft Surgeon, Shooters Design, even older designs from Creation and Freedom Art. I don't think this is anything like the deal with KWA/KSC. The designs they copy are manufactured in a variety of locations (Hong Kong, Japan), where they are made to considerably higher specs.

Where I do agree is that to reduce problems, it's probably a good idea to buy all 5KU if you go that route--I'd say slide+frame+outer barrel. Even AS and SD can need fitting, so with 5KU expect to spend some quality time with a variety of small-sized files. You might check out youtube, too; there was a guy there showing off his latest build and he talked a little about what he needed to modify on 5KU.

What I can't speak to is the external/cosmetic appearance of a frame, slide, whatever. I will say that the small parts I own aren't manufactured to the same level of those other makers.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, i thought nobody seemed to care so i just left it alone. First impressions, The quality is very nice. The only flaws are a bit of machining marks on the finish which i can live with. Otherwise, everything else is perfect. However, there are some minor issues with fitment that took only a few minutes to fix.

1. The frame uses a 1911 hammer and knocker system, so a standard hi capa hammer set wont work.

2. The hole for the bbu is drilled very very slightly off centered so that the bbu sits a bit crooked and binds with the slide. This was fixed in about 3 minutes by widening the hole by a tiny bit. Sits perfectly flush now.

3. The steel guide rod plug that came with it was poorly machined and has some burrs on the end of the hole. Does not affect function, just looks ugly. Can be fixed by polishing or recountersinking the end.

I am very pleased with the kit and will be ordering a 5ku lightweight housing, 5ku hammer set and 5ku barrel set soon.

Overall id say it compares with SD except with minor flaws in the finish.

I've been looking forward to your report eagerly...

But wait:... you got a slide/frame combo for a hi-capa, and hi-capa parts don't fit... you need to use 1911 instead??? What if the donor gun you had ready for the build was a hi-capa, which would be the most likely scenario?

Hmmmm.

Another thing to note. The 5ku "hi capa" hammer set is actually more of a 1911 set. I assume they produced it for their slide/frame set and i have read one review where someone could not get it to fit their stock hi capa. I will be ordering a 5ku hammer set and a 5ku lightweight blowback housing. So far i am satisfied with the quality and the prices.

Archived