OPS 'Fast Response' Trousers in AOR2

AOR2 'Fast Response' Tactical Trousers by OPS

P1020538.jpg

Video overview, my thoughts and discussion on features. Be sure to watch in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqifcHnGMOU

Direct link:

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=727&category_id=47&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

A few snaps especially for the forum. Starting off with the ankle closure:

P1020525.jpg

Calf pockets:

P1020526.jpg

Close up on knee pad when inserted:

P1020527.jpg

Elastic to allow for freedom of movement, reinforced/covered by a double layer of material:

P1020529.jpg

Button fly and velcro front closure:

P1020530.jpg

Main cargo pockets and seat reinforcement:

P1020531.jpg

Inside the cargo pockets:

P1020533.jpg

Adjustment behind the knees:

P1020535.jpg

I should mention that in my haste I made some a slight error in describing the pocket configurations in the video. They're not entirely identical between the 2 legs, the left has a small multi-tool sized pocket just below the standard trouser pocket which is mounted externally, the right leg also has an identically sized pocket but it is hung internally and does not feature a velcro closure flap. I also forgot to mention in there that these do indeed feature the standard style slanted trouser pockets near the top, as you'd expect.

Overall, despite the fact they are extremely light-weight and allow excellent heat dissipation and freedom of movement, I would have preferred the heavier, more solidly built Ultimate Direct Action trousers from OPS. Sadly, at the time of writing the Fast Response is the only variant available from UR-Tac in the AOR2 material/pattern, though I'd still say that build quality and resilience is at least on a par with my Crye Gen 2 combat pants, if not better.

Edited by crackisbad
  • 1 month later...

I don't think there's any 'probably' about it. I tried Chinese gear/guns very briefly, I won't go in to weapons and parts thereof since this thread isn't about that, but sufficed to say I see the attraction to some ACM stuff in the sense of low price and lack of availability of the real thing; however I just don't like the fact that the QC is non-existent and you're basically gambling with your money every time you make a purchase.

I'm not suggesting everyone goes out and spends what these cost just for an unusual camo pattern, but the other colour variants of these trousers which UR-Tac offer are much cheaper and really are a near-perfect option for skirmish practicality, regardless of where you might live.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really tempted to get a field set (If they make them), though if EBB releases their own CP AOR2 set I'd probably nab those instead. It just seems really possible considering the recent flow of replica AOR1/AOR2 gear along with mixed SEAL gear (Repo Surefire Scouts, Ops Core lids, etc). Among other things, is it just me, or does TMC need to release a khaki EPC?

Depends on your priorities really. If EBB do come out with any AOR uniforms they'll presumably be copies of the CP designs and be cheap. On the other hand, the OPS kit is purely their own design which (unfortunately) isn't being used by any military groups, which means of course it's not as 'cool' for airsofters and costs a lot more; but then they're using the real materials and the end product rivals actual Crye gear for quality, it's on a par at least.

It's not a bad alternative, IMHO multicam is still a better all round performer and you are rather limited in AOR2 options for MOLLE gear by comparison, though the TMC stuff on EBB doesn't look too bad. You could probably put a full loadout together if you search around enough.

If it were me I'd pick up the OPS uniforms and then go with RG/FG or Coyote equipment from whichever gear brand you happen to be a fan of. There's not a massive amount of photo material available for inspiration unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

i love AOR1 more

Makes sense, as you don't have AOR2 for sale :P

Whenever TMC decides to make a decent AOR2 CRYE clone, your sales will skyrocket and you will love AOR2 more ;)

Bladerunner, take a look at Claw Gear SOCOM pattern, which is based on a rejected AOR2 candidate. It shares MC colours and it's between repro and OPS stuff in price (for the stalker set). The raider set is well made and well priced.

On mixing colours... Left, OD+SOCOM. Right, TMC'S AOR2 + SOCOM

socom2.jpgsocom2.jpg

Edited by Wingmann