Trigger Design for Bullpup AK?

AG1212

I have decided to try and mash the contents of my parts bin into an AK of the bullpup variety. I have the butt plate out of the way, but I can't figure out how the hell to do the trigger mech.

I don't see how rigging some kind of guide from the new trigger to the old is feasible in the slightest, but if moved the wiring and the trigger mech itself to front I will only have full auto and maybe a safety.

So what I am looking for is any suggestions from people who have tried or know from someone else who has tried, and help is greatly appreciated.

What the JLS F2000 did was have a metal rod attach to a trigger piece that stuck out of the gear box. This rod extended the entire length from the contacts to the trigger.

That was my first idea, but I just don't see how I could guide a metal rod from the hand guard, up into the gas block, then right so to avoid the hop unit and magazine then dead centre again into the gearbox. Doing that would be pretty damn hard, never mind shaping a metal rod like that.

There was a conversion kit, but I can't seem to find it (wanted to see how they did it).

Could allways do a micro switch set up just like in the Star/Ares L85.

Or a Mosfet set up which could work too.

Sorry Im not too technical, but I can find the technical answers from a friend of mine.

Though the steel bar idea works well, simple and effective.

Check out Murdoc's bullpup M14 thread. He successfully rewired his gun to have an electronic selector. Full-auto bridges the circuit while semi-auto runs through a burst unit set at 1. Safe is just an open circuit.

Mechanically, run the trigger bar outside the gun. Under the receiver and around the magazine, while exposed, is out of the way to get snagged or stuck.

SVU_3.jpg

Check out Murdoc's bullpup M14 thread. He successfully rewired his gun to have an electronic selector. Full-auto bridges the circuit while semi-auto runs through a burst unit set at 1. Safe is just an open circuit.

Mechanically, run the trigger bar outside the gun. Under the receiver and around the magazine, while exposed, is out of the way to get snagged or stuck.

The mechanical method seems like my best bet, never thought about running it on the outside. But now I need to find metal wire stong enough for the job but easy to work with :/

Archived