Medical precautions

Lone_Bullet

We call it the tactical bimble. Anyways, back on topic, if you're worried about ###### taking comments about warming up remember who looks the bigger twat, the guy warming up or the guy lying on the floor screaming that he's *fruitcage*ed his ankle or knee up?

Crossfit training is good for exactly this sort of thing. It varies from club to club, but it focuses on training your everyday-muscles and a bit of cardio. It's not very complicated and relatively fun.

I've had back problems, and it really helped me.

We call it the tactical bimble

Oh yeah , I thought it was just my lot that used the tactical bimble!

We tend to wander forward watching the headless chickens try to engage at 200m / get cut down by ambushes a 5 year old could spot ,

then we bowl round the flank and take out the opposition from the rear, usually whilst eating a mars bar and drinking tesco kick...

Jim

• 3 months later...

While I haven't done myself a proper injury (yet) im prone to alot of niggles from my knees and ankles. Mostly I think because I dont do much in the way of exercise outside of games but come the day I think nothing about crashing through the undergrowth like some sort of wildman.

20/20 hindsight would probably be to build up a tolerance for these things first rather than going to extremes. If you're anything like me who sits at a desk loves pizza and videogames, trying to be Schwarzenegger for a day in amongst that is probably not the best idea in the world :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a near miss that would now cause me to recommend wearing a box to anyone (well not that bad).

While moving from cover, I fired off a few shots and ran forward to the next nearest tree -- not realizing a particularly low and spear like branch.

I ran into it at a slow jog but managed to twist a bit at the last second, downgrading my injury to 'dead leg'.

Beware gents. The trees are not our friends.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a near miss that would now cause me to recommend wearing a box to anyone (well not that bad).

While moving from cover, I fired off a few shots and ran forward to the next nearest tree -- not realizing a particularly low and spear like branch.

I ran into it at a slow jog but managed to twist a bit at the last second, downgrading my injury to 'dead leg'.

Beware gents. The trees are not our friends.

Always worried about 'taking one' there!

Archived