Magpul SR25 AEG

Mike_West

Guys, I'm planning to build a Magpul SR25, front-wired, with PRS stock and battery in the MOE foregrip. Is there any battery that would work in a DMR and fit in the foregrip? Because it would suck if I went along, shelled some substantial cash on it and found out that no, I can't fit a battery in it.

Uh-huh. Fitting a normal mini 9.6V NiMH nunchuck would be hard, I guess? I'm not to keen on getting a new battery and a pretty expensive charger, but considering that the SR25 comes with a Systema TB and is pretty damn cheap, it's not that bad...

Yea, I doubt a nunchuck would fit. I just ran downstairs and tried a 9.6v mini and it just didn't fit because of the barrel. But maybe someone with a rifle length can confirm for sure. For full disclosure's sake, mine is one of the first ACM mid-lengths, not the PTS one, but I can't imagine that there would be too much of a difference. If there is a difference, and you are able to put a mini, in there, then I would assume you should be able to fit the nunchuck in a rifle length if you put the batteries in a line.

But none of that matters if you go LiPo :P

Seriously, I can't encourage you enough; go LiPo!

And chargers don't have to be expensive; I can point you to a few items that would run you about $60 all in for a good battery, a good charger (that I've been using for two years with absolutely no problems). Well worth it.

Oh I totally forgot about stick batteries. But AFAIK, stick batteries are a notorious pain in the *albatross* so i don't think you'd want to use one in a DMR.

Mike shoot me a PM and I can help you get set you with all you'll need to get started on LiPos on a budget ;)

A friend of mine runs an airsoft store, so I asked him what LiPo can he recommend, and what charger. But there's one more question: will I even be able to fit a MOE grip with a standard front plate in place of the free-float RAS?

Archived