Northern Weekender?

FireKnife

Right seeing as i am insane, have a good job and want to get some game time in anyone know of a weekender that is in the North of the UK, anything above Manchester really, closer to Scotland the better but i am willing to make the drive.

So anyone know of a good weekender coming up, or any for that matter?

Finally if anyone is along the way (basically Aberdeen to wherever the site is) and wants to tag along put some fuel in the car and i will happily swing by and get you.

'FireKnife'

Stirling Airsoft hold a fair few games at Catterick, North Yorkshire every year. Been to a couple of good ones, been to a naff one too.

Worth going with a group though, rather than on your own.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going to GZ, not because it is too far but it is GZ, after looking around Zero In and such it appears many of the worst players to grace UK airsoft are gearing up to go, attitude in hand.

Plus the cost of a train ticket will be huge.

'FireKnife'

im going down with my local site players around 100+ it will be nice to meet many airsofters as the majority are a good bunch if anyone is cheating you can take there number and contact a marshall

would be great to see you down there but only if you holster all 53 pistols of yours haha

or you could car share i believe were hiring a minibus

Check all the forums for each site,they generally are not posted out with .LWA and fife war games just held a two day event(one day at each site but no night play)

The hill normally hold weakeners as does the fort,other sites I'm not sure about as i don't play them.

One problem at the moment is they tend to try for good weather,which we haven't been getting much of recently.

All The Hill weekenders keep getting called off or become one day events, plus i don't think i could play that site for two days straight, as for The Fort, well first it needs to get its player numbers back up and the site going full pelt again, i have heard about it but i have yet to see anything to suggest a weekender.

But considering the size of Arnies you would expect at least one person to come on and say 'yes #insert site# is having a weekender on the #insert date#, the price is......'

'FireKnife'

A lot of the scottish players seem to only stick to there site forums,don't ask me why.

There aren't that many sites in scotland you have to remember.There have been a few pop up and go again in the past few years,but there seems to be more down the west coast now,though I've never played any off them.

The two fort games I've been to since the re opening were not bad numbers wise,around the 60's which is the norm for sites around here swell,we dot have the player base for much bigger games as people cant be bothered to travel that far.

I asked Frenchie last time i was there around 6 weeks ago and he said they had something planned but were getting War and piece out the way first,and i think they may still have issues regarding the use of the land/noise to deal with.

Archived