5KU M4 Hop Up

Kalashnikov_kid

I currently have three of the Prowin M4 chambers, all with flat hop mods; the nub area and window needed to be enlarged but it was easy with the right bit. As for the REAPS, anything positive I've read about them was in reference to the GBB/VSR versions. I tried the AEG model, and it wasn't any good.

My current favorites are the X-Hightech buckings, shaved down and made into flat hops with the conveniently included FF buffer rubber clone (an example of a useful knockoff of a pricey and difficult to find product).

Wow, are you like my clone? lol

I also have 3 prowin that I plan to install flat hopups on. Only difference is that I don't dremel, I just cut the nubs. I figure it's better risking the nub than the chamber, and I think that a slightly rounded off nub might be better.

Have you had success with the X tech hops? My friend was asked by the inventor to test them, he reported decent results.

They're a pretty straightforward knockoff of Firefly nubs and PDI buckings, so I don't think "inventor" is the word for it.

Mine are shaved, but I did shoot a teammate's gun with one installed, and it performed no better or worse than any other split bucking.

I will say that the material used seems superior to the REAPs rubber of the same hardness; do you know what they're made of?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine just arrived, very well made. Quite alot of "extra material" and some of that i have to dremel off to make this fit in my ICS

Im satisfied.

Not trying to troll you, but... why buy a rotatory hop chamber to substitute a perfectly fine rotatory chamber? my ICS hop chamber is great, firm but easy to adjust, maybe its just me though

Not trying to troll you, but... why buy a rotatory hop chamber to substitute a perfectly fine rotatory chamber? my ICS hop chamber is great, firm but easy to adjust, maybe its just me though

Not all rotary hopups are created equal ;)

The plastic one on my BCM4 was nice too, came stock, probably poly-carbonate in fact, but the Pro-Win just had better dimensions. And... it's one of those things where if you can use a milled aluminum chamber... why not? lol

Not all rotary hopups are created equal ;)

The plastic one on my BCM4 was nice too, came stock, probably poly-carbonate in fact, but the Pro-Win just had better dimensions. And... it's one of those things where if you can use a milled aluminum chamber... why not? lol

Well, I cant comment on the BCM4 chambers as I dont own one, I would change the chamber from a regular M4 in a heartbeat, but in an M4 which comes with an already improved rotatory chamber like the ICS (which I own) I dont think its really necessary as it wouldnt improve the performance so much if at all.

While the ICS rotary is good in performance, its not renown for its durability. My gun was second hand and broken all over, it came with a crappy Systema Hopup.

Allmost feels sad to dremel to 5KU, looks pretty

Archived