Eflin Knights inspired 40mm Hand Cannon

DangerWerx

Hey guys,

When I get bored, I like to design stuff.

Here is what I have on my Elfin knights inspired hand cannon, The Sabertooth. These are only early mock ups. I am missing much of the external detailing.

I am currently inspired by Shadowrun type guns like this, much like the Poseidon kits out there. I love the look of the organic lines and flared edges.

post-70491-0-18115900-1340870897_thumb.jpg

post-70491-0-09349000-1340870915_thumb.jpg

Much like the Elfin Knights Big Horn, the sabertooth is a pistol grip attachment for the Madbull xm203 that also takes Ar-15 pistol grips.

Honestly, I'll probably make one for myself for giggles and redesign a standalone hand cannon later.

I'll keep this thread updated as I start machining different parts and adding details to the exterior. I am planning at an aluminum core with polyurethane cast exterior detailing.

You can see more details on my blog (click my signature banner)

Let me know what you guys think.

- Dave

Interesting project. Ever considered making a side by side or over under 40mm? :D

Yes, eventually.

It is actually up in the air right now if I should continue this project, or direct my resources to make a single break. The amount of planned work for the sabertooth + a barrel, barrel latch and mossberg 500 mounting point would yield me a break open.

Once I get a better feel for the single break, I have 2 team mates waiting to commission one of each, an over-under and a side-by-side.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.metals4u.co.uk/Acetal-Tube/50mm-OD-40mm-ID-Natural-Acetal-RTube/73/2041/detail.asp

The pic is a generic not the real tubing, maybe same material but much smaller.

That material in link might work but its not ideal, same site has some close metal tubing but nothing exactly 40.2mm which is about what you want. Right at 40mm it might not fit shells and need some slight widening. There are drill adapter polishers for inside rounds that will quickly polish off a few tenths of a millimeter.

40mm inner diameter is sort of rare it seems.

From experience, 44.5mm OD mild steel tube from ebay (UK) works very well, as it comes with a 1.5mm wall, meaning that the 40mm is very snug within, but still slides out, even with Chinese grenades' tolerances. Check your laws for the use of steel barrels however - it's a grey area.

• 1 month later...

Archived