vest/plate carrier setup tips?

bobthebuilder

Oh interesting! I've not seen the Gunclip before -- looks like a good solution to a number of issues. Any idea if it has the same problems about Tokyo Marui fittings as the Serpas?

Not sure if you mentioned anything about, but what kind of slings will you be using on your primary (if any)?

Oh interesting! I've not seen the Gunclip before -- looks like a good solution to a number of issues. Any idea if it has the same problems about Tokyo Marui fittings as the Serpas?

Not sure if you mentioned anything about, but what kind of slings will you be using on your primary (if any)?

Apparently the real ones are quite tight (much like the serpas) and may not work with TM's, but the plastic used on the outside is flexible, so it's a bit more tolerant of slightly out of spec guns. my one is pretty awkward to close, but I don't think that's the fault of the pistol, more of the awkward snap.

I'm currently running a three point on my M4, but honestly, it's starting to annoy me, and those single points are looking very attractive as an alternative.

may even give the magpul 1/2 point convertibles a go, the same as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the info - I'll probably wait until a Glock 21 version is available.

The single point slings are great, in that you get a lot of flexibility. Just as much as if you had no sling at all, but also have the ability to drop your primary and change to your secondary without worry -- that said, if you're going to your secondary, I do find that if you have to move at any sort of rapid page the single point sling doesn't offer much in the way of stability.

Thanks for the info - I'll probably wait until a Glock 21 version is available.

The single point slings are great, in that you get a lot of flexibility. Just as much as if you had no sling at all, but also have the ability to drop your primary and change to your secondary without worry -- that said, if you're going to your secondary, I do find that if you have to move at any sort of rapid page the single point sling doesn't offer much in the way of stability.

Better than the alternative - the three point tries to strangle me if I switch shoulders, and I find that unless you play around with the sling (shortening it to the "carry" length that you can't shoot out of) it will still bang around. I find myself tucking it under my left arm.....

Better than the alternative - the three point tries to strangle me if I switch shoulders, and I find that unless you play around with the sling (shortening it to the "carry" length that you can't shoot out of) it will still bang around. I find myself tucking it under my left arm.....

When I first started playing I came across this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6IGTZYEN8

Made me look into the MS2 -- ended up buying a clone which has been great! Actually, just noticed in this video that the demo guy has attached his pistol to his vest where currently I'd have a mag pouch... look interesting. Might give that configuration a go.

• 4 weeks later...

I just have my mag pouches on the left side for easy access and my pyros on the right

I did play around with having the mags on the left, but found that for me it was less comfortable than having them in the center/to the right.

Pyro is the one thing I don't have any provision for yet. I may end up putting it on my belt kit though, rather than on the vest (currently that only carries my sidearm and sidearm mags.)

If you only want to carry thunderflashes, I find they fit perfectly in MOLLE loops. A nice snug fit, too, so they won't fall out.

I was actually thinking that thunderflashes should fit nicely in my admin pouch.

but it's the smokes I'm worried about. they are somewhat larger....

Archived