Upgrading my OSW

ollie_ty

Hello there.

The time has come for me to buckle down and upgrade this QP FAL to my liking.

What im after is a snappy trigger response, but with an adequate ROF to match ( I said ADEQUATE, not monstrous. Bankz Im of course looking at you). FPS isnt so important, and Ill be happy anywhere between 300-350 ( With .2g)

Im intending to buy a Modify Modular gear set, but Im unsure exactly what to do here ( Of course Ill be correcting AOE along the way, and have a MOSFET ready to install)

Should I buy:

- Torque gear set and Ultra Torque Motor

-Torque gear set and High Speed Motor

-Speed gear set and Ultra Torque Motor

-Speed gear set and High Speed Motor

Also, are the Lonex motors any good?

It really depends on the motor.

Most hispeed motors are designed to function optimally under M120, however it gets to a point where given the right voltage, gear ratio and spring tension, the torque up motor would give higher ROF. Then of course it is dependent on the motor, as some hi-torque motors are also high-speed as they are just THAT GOOD..

Given the low FPS rating I would go hi speed gear + hi speed motor, and if it doesn't work well, you can change the gear sets around back to stock gears.

The other way is that you COULD use an 11.1v that would speed up the revs, but it would damage the motor and cause more wear.

The other thing is that given such a low FPS/spring rating, the higher the ROF it is possible for the gears to engage the piston before it has returned to battery. The ROF is ridiculously high in order to do that but it can happen, so there is a physical limitation as to how high the ROF can go.

I love the lonex Titan a2 motor I have in my sr15. With lonex 16:1 gearset, chimera mosfet, and a 2500mah 20c lipo its easily pushing 35 rps at 400/.25. Trigger response is fantastic as well, which is the main reason I wanted a faster setup like that. At your fps, I wouldn't go with anything other than standard ratio unless the mosfet has some serious braking power or you short stroke. I would be doubling in semi without the chimera because of overspin.

I also have a swiss cheesed lonex red piston, pom piston head, and cylinder set. I can't say enough good things about them for the price.

I use a high speed gear set and a G&P M170 motor in my AK and SAW (had to cut the motor to short) and they're excellent. The AK has an Infected Armory mosfet and I get extremely good trigger response and around 30rps at ~320fps. If you want great trigger response, average FPS, and a good ROF then go for high speed gears and high torque motor. I also have Modify 8mm cermaic ball bearings which are really worth getting so the gears just move a lot smoother.

Archived