What's new?

mattmanic

Be interested to know which motor you used, maybe the motor was off, but strangely the same motor fitted into my combat machine! So, on the other hand maybe my gearbox was slightly out of tolerance....either way, it didn't fit. As for your hand guards, do they close completely, or do you see the join gap get larger as you move towards the D-ring?

Hmm, I bought it from Proairsoftsupplies and they specified it as TR16 Carbine, funny though, I've not seen the model for sale ANYWHERE else, which may mean it's actually something else just named wrong.

G&G have a totally posterior-backwards-as-**** naming system meaning that many models have identical names. Pro Airsoft Supplies change the names slightly to attempt to reduce confusion. What was the Pro Airsoft Supplies name of the rifle that you bought?

Either way, I've had three G&G M4 rifles and all of them took any motor I ever tried in them, the forends on them also seem to be an absolutely standard in length, I never had difficulty fitting my friends MOE forend or my Kights style Rail-system to them.

Come to think of it, G&G motors have some of the largest-diameter pinion gears I know of, I can't imagine any motor not fitting through the aperture on their gearboxes.

Now, SRC on the other hand... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Incredibly hung over is the best state to attempt anything! Just so long as it's not you who's hungover lol. I got my gun yesterday night and was up til half 5 wiring up the bugger. (Insomnia's a *badgeress*) Remind me to never try to fit 16awg wiring and a mosfet with deans to a front wired M4 with an oversized gearbox...

• 2 weeks later...

And the wonderful folks at Airsoft Systems have just brought out their ASCU V3 ( differant models for v3 gearboxes and v2's) , as well as their new hop unit. This hop unit sends data back to the control unit, meaning that the gun will not fire on an empty mag ! to reactivitae you will have to push the bolt catch ( its AR's only atm).

So thats PTW like features without the price tag

ASCU V3- £80

ASCU hop unit-£30

Good year aint it!

Archived