Looking to buy a CA Steel/Wood SLR-105 Para

Bolt94

I am looking to gather some information as I am planning in buying a Classic Army Full Steel/Real Wood SLR-105 Para. I am from Europe and the only place I found this model and that has international shipping is airsplat.com.

ttn5.jpg
vatf.jpg

Also this are the parts I wish to upgrade it with (are they ok? what do you think? got any advice?):

First of, this is what i will start with:
Classic Army AK 74 SLR 105 Para Rifle
IB 8.4V 1600 mAH Ni-MH Stick Battery
MRC Super Brain 960 Delta Peak Charger

This is what i wish to upgrade it with:
Deep Fire Barrel 6.04 AK47 AK74 AK 455mm
DeepFire AK AEG Gearbox Metal Air Nozzle
ProWin Airsoft AK CNC Hop Up Chamber
Deep Fire AEG Airsoft Hop Up Bucking
Magic Box POM With 8 Steel Teeth Piston
MADBULL M4 Spring Guide Bearing - V3
MADBULL M4 Airsoft M110 Spring

I have seen it has 7mm bearings, aluminum piston head and a nice cylinder, a nice high torque motor and steel gears so no need to upgrade those or get bushings.

Here are some helpful links so you can get an idea of what the gun looks like, feels like and what are its internals:

A nice review (scroll down to the slr-105 PARA ak version and you will find a description of its internals)
Another cool review

I am looking for a decent rate of fire with a fps of about 360-400 with 0.20g balls (I would like my piston to last and also not affect the internals, also the battery voltage isn't huge and the rules in my area allow a maximum of 417fps). I would like to use this as my main weapon for field games (most games are field).

Sorry for the long post and it would mean the world to me if you could give me some advice on this. Thank you for your patience and keep on airsofting :D !

The Classic Army Motors are actually high-speed despite being advertised as high-torque. I would recommend you get an upgrade motor with Neodymium Magnets.

I wouldn't recommend that nozzle, Plastic nozzles are usually a little safer and cause less feeding issues in my experience. There's not much need to change the stock nozzle unless it breaks.

With the M110 spring you're likely to get about 375FPS with a 0.2g BB with those parts

Why do you specifically want a CA AK? I`ve had one of these many years ago, and I wasnt too impressed with it (like front part falling off beyond repair, oxidizing of the body etc). After getting an LCT AK, I`ve been much happier :) There isnt much price difference, if you check them at WGC.

The thing is I would like a high quality exterior (steel or a good aluminum alloy), no pot metal parts. Also it comes with high torque motor and steel gears, 7mm bearings (those things are a bit pricey to upgrade). I know that Dboys use pot metal parts in their steel ak. If anyone knows something with those characteristics (and v3 gearbox) I would much appreciate it. It does not necessarily have to be an ak!

Thanks for the reply Bloodsword, I will take a look at the LCT AK.

Also regarding Aod's post, one of the reviews I've read states the motor is high torque along with the gears so.....dunno what to think about that.

The thing is I would like a high quality exterior (steel or a good aluminum alloy), no pot metal parts. Also it comes with high torque motor and steel gears, 7mm bearings (those things are a bit pricey to upgrade). I know that Dboys use pot metal parts in their steel ak. If anyone knows something with those characteristics (and v3 gearbox) I would much appreciate it. It does not necessarily have to be an ak!

Thanks for the reply Bloodsword, I will take a look at the LCT AK.

Also regarding Aod's post, one of the reviews I've read states the motor is high torque along with the gears so.....dunno what to think about that.

Unless you specifically want a replica of an Arsenal SLR-105 (an American made AK-type rifle) then I don't see any reason why you should buy specifically this gun all the way from America.

I'm pretty sure that Dboys (or Kalash) do make all steel versions of their guns. This will be indicated with a letter S at the end of model name, for example RK-10S. Verify this for yourself before you buy though.

The majority of airsoft guns today come with steel gears and 7mm bearings. I can't remember the last time I saw non-steel gears. LCT guns are indeed externally very nice (I've got two and personally prefer them over other higher end makes like VFC). Internally they are somewhat nicer than Chinese stuff like Dboys. Never seen a CA ak so I can't compare it to that. 

Archived