Call of Duty: Ghost Recon: Red Dawn GI Jerricho K-9 Warriors.

Jagdraben

OK. Not really Ghost Recon or GI Joe or Jerricho or Red Dawn or Trident K9 Warriors, but you know….

Anybody play the new COD, yet? Is it any good? So far it seems to be reviewing (on Metacritic) worse than BF4. But the two individual reviews I've read (Gamerevolution, The Escapist) have both been generally positive.

I think you made a mistake, the "Humor and jokes" section is the next one down

From what I can tell BF4 belongs in Humor and Jokes.

Sorry but space battles and fighting under the sea?

Did they get their ideas from Roger Moore era Bond films?

Either way might rent it, that way at least if it has a short campaign and is awful I have only wasted about a £5.

'FireKnife'

At least it's Anglos fighting brown people in space and under water and not just in square boxes and deserts and forests and jungles.

;)

Have just started playing this . The online gameplay / loading times are flawless . Much quicker than bo2 . I actualy really like this game . Haven't played the story mode yet though , just jumped straight into online multiplayer . The maps are big, the additional sliding / crawling whilst shooting additions to the controls are pretty awesome . May be a major rehash , but at least it is a very decent rehash . All the maps are new maps , with opening doors , falling portcullis , and lots of flanking / entry points to the various obsticals / buildings . . 8/10 for the online play

All joking aside though, how is multiplayer in terms of the game physics? Do you die pretty fast? Is it a lot of spray and pray? I personally thought:

mw2: very playable online and took some skill to be good (sniping was a bit too easy)

black ops: if you had skill, you destroyed. spray and pray is very unsucessful, you needed to aim. 

Mw3: spray and pray, very easy to get killed by someone who just sprays

black ops2: still a lot of spraying but with some skill and aiming, it is better then mw3.

I only play occasionally with friends but was hoping this new one would bring back some more finesse. I hated how in mw3 it was just people running around spraying all day. Black ops 2 wasn't much better but was still better. Black ops was probably one of my favorites because if you could aim, you would win the fights. If I died, it was because I made a mistake. Also in black ops it was pretty balanced, I could use any gun and do well as long as I aimed and played smart.

This is the best game of the series , due to game play , customization choices , weopons . Kill streaks are still a bit intrusive , this is very much an aim and shoot game rather than spray and pray. . The maps are very battlefield esque in their size

Spoilers below.

While I know this has done before it is still very lazy. But then many people won't play the SP and many others will be too blinded by how awesome they think it is to notice.

Like I said it is like a Michael Bay movie, even down to the repeated use of stock footage with a new gloss :P.

'FireKnife'

I've played the game for four hours and I just can't get into it. The single player is repetitive to previous games. There are some cool sequences (space, underwater, and a plane ride ripped from Batman: DKR), but there's also a lot of sequences where it just seems half-assed. Some missions just drop you into the action without actually giving you a leadup (there's a set piece in Vegas which I felt was especially terrible about this). The scenery is nice but again, it just seems repetitive, phoned-in at times, and rushed.

Also, the game wants you to emotionally invest in several characters who have bad things happen to them, but honestly this happens EVERY FREAKING COD GAME, so why should I? The series as a whole is egregious about this, but taking serious business and turning it into parlor tricks? Not working. I'm going to go back to Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut as soon as I finish this game and feel like I didn't completely waste $60.

Thats pretty irrelevant now, as I'm sure a notable percentage of people who bought it will be disappointed with what they get. Which will in turn effect weather they will buy future titles.

In saying that I haven't seen anything to indicate that the newest one has been overly successful, GTA-V holds the crown for that this years top sales. 

For what its worth I work in a entertainment retail store and have personally sold less that a dozen copies and from those the only people who seem to be buying the new Call of duty are parents buying it for their children for Christmas.... 

Still the fastest/ biggest selling game ever though !

The first / second day figures obliterate every other game sale ever .

Uh, not sure where you got that sentiment.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1020780/cod-ghosts-fails-to-take-down-gta-5-in-initial-sales/

Played Ghosts on my friends PC.

I thought the PC release of MW3 was horrid, but Ghosts is absolutely abysmal and should be outright boycotted.

This game is so horribly optimized, rigs that can run BF4 relatively well, are struggling with the game and I can't see why.

Not only that but the 6GB RAM requirement is a lie. Ghosts needs only 2GB on max, however it has severe memory leaks.

I really don't like Black Ops 2 (huge dissapoinment after BO1, which is my fav) but you gotta admit, they atleast tried to make the PC version worthwhile.

Gameplay wise it's what you'd expect: Stupid level design, questionable balancing, bad netcode.

Am I alone in thinking that the last actually decent "Modern Military Shooter" was the Medal of Honor reboot?

Not perfect, but I can't seem to recall any MMS since then that has seemed to be worth spending the money on. Not MW3, BF3, BlOps, BlOps2, MoH:Wf, and now BF4 and Ghosts…. (Of those games listed, I have bought MoH:Wf and BF3. And while I enjoyed all the Magpulness and LaRueness and DDness and Vickersness, MoH:Wf was pretty pants outside of the gun selection and customization. And BF3 was just 60 bucks of meh.)

ETA: Now that I think about it, CoD:MW2 was pretty meh, too….

Am I alone in thinking that the last actually decent "Modern Military Shooter" was the Medal of Honor reboot?

Not perfect, but I can't seem to recall any MMS since then that has seemed to be worth spending the money on. Not MW3, BF3, BlOps, BlOps2, MoH:Wf, and now BF4 and Ghosts…. (Of those games listed, I have bought MoH:Wf and BF3. And while I enjoyed all the Magpulness and LaRueness and DDness and Vickersness, MoH:Wf was pretty pants outside of the gun selection and customization. And BF3 was just 60 bucks of meh.)

ETA: Now that I think about it, CoD:MW2 was pretty meh, too….

MoH reboot (at least the console version I played) was two things: bugged and dull.

First the bugs, there was just so many, coupled with the stupidity of the AI on both sides that just ran out into your shots or rushed you sometimes when it would have been better for them to support and flank.

Second the dullness, it was just too much. I think the thing that got me was that it was trying to be a low cut military game and forgot that it is a game, not a badly done training package for people to learn the ropes. It just felt like it was trying to be gritty but ended up being devoid of well anything resembling fun and then trying to make it work. Also I know the singular setting was due to it being based on 'real' events (it is a game after all) but that didn't help.

Sometimes you need some over the top explosions and things to happen to make a game but go too far and you get CoD. BF for me sits on the plain of 'airsoft online' and can lead to all the things you get in a game just without the pain of a hit and the fact you now have a screen in front of you so you can moan without facing the consequences. It even has the well thought out teams, the players that just want to have fun and the elitists that are probably sat home in there new 'insert NATO country' camouflage, jacking it. The lag? I don't know those sites where the briefings take for ever as the cheating regulars team keep talking through it?

'FireKnife'

Archived