SHS aluminium nozzle lengths

tiff_lee

When measuring nozzle length is it end to end or just after the tappet plate bit to the end?  reason I ask is I can look at two different adverts for the same SHS nozzle and there is two different lengths quoted.  I'm after a nozzle for my AGM XM8 and it's not exactly standard under all the plastic so i'm actually unsure where to measure my nozzle from to compare to the SHS ones.

If someone has an SHS one to hand and could measure end to end that would be great as I could use that length as a reference.

thanks, Lee

You can't really use single measurements, since there's no standard for how to measure.

Measuring end-to-end doesn't tell how deep in the nozzle goes.

The useful way to measure would be end to outside side of the first ring, but nobody does that.

A good example is modify, which has a pretty darn thick front ring. They don't go nearly as deep as other nozzles of the same overall length.

The depth the nozzle goes in for specific application (M4/M14/AK etc) isn't really relevant as I was merely swapping a nozzle for another nozzle so as long as the distance from the ring where the tappet plate locates and the tip of the nozzle is the same then it would be fine.

After excessive googling it would seem that the XM8 nozzle is longer than any standard AEG nozzle anyway.

Cheers for the link ikliiu and info vilerk confirms my suspicions that there is no suitable off the shelf replacement.  

The XM8 uses a custom hop up chamber based on the AK one but it's slightly longer and the nozzle also seems to also be coming in at 26.5mm end to end.

Archived