Not really an error or a suggestion.

I just picked up some new shoes that I'd been planning to put in the Tactical Footwear picture thread under kit and loadouts, but I noticed since it's no archived new posts can't be added.  Would it suck up a load of bandwidth/server capacity to bring back a thread so that it can be posted in again?  Not a huge deal if it has to stay as it is, just curious mainly.

• Like 1

Funny, I was going to ask a similar question to this too!

Is there a way of reading archived threads, not necessarily posting in them (for me, anyway)?

Can you not read archived threads at all? I'd always assumed everyone could but I guess it might just be a moderator only thing.

It is possible to un-archive threads but it has to be done manually by Arnie or Marlowe for each one which isn't idea, but it may be possible to get some un-archived.

Can you not read archived threads at all? I'd always assumed everyone could but I guess it might just be a moderator only thing.

It is possible to un-archive threads but it has to be done manually by Arnie or Marlowe for each one which isn't idea, but it may be possible to get some un-archived.

Ah, right. I can't seem to do it on a mobile device. It's not really important, I was just looking for an old thread of mine to help answer a question someone posted, which would save me going a longer, more laborious way of answering.

Searching my profile only brings up topics from 'x' date, and I don't know how to search beyond that.

It's my incompetence really. Please help a thickie!

Annie, I haven't, because I don't really have a memory of the thread titles, and I don't think a vague search helps. They get cut off at a certain date too.

Its not important, and I'm sure you have far more to do than help me with this.

I was just wondering how to,find my old threads and posts really, but it's just idle curiosity for me!

Edited by shmook
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Database here is over 3Gb in size and old posts are archived (moved to a secondary database) when they become inactive. That way it keeps down the overheads and keeps the forums quicker. It's quite a hndy feature but I did mean tot turn it off for the reviews area to stop things archiving automatically.

That's cool, Vbulletin doesn't have that feature! Vbulletin doesn't even have a script built in to dumb the database, I always had to SSH in and dump it manually or write my own CRON Job script to FTP it to a secondary server.

Anyway - handed all that hassle over to someone else now as the ISP we are using was percussed by one of the big companies and the support is now poo  :(