Full auto Marui Detonics. How to?

BerserkDS

Abbreviated version of each of the 3 methods I know to make an airsoft 1911 full auto.

The easy way is to cut the top of the disconector, and the peg on the side of the hammer cam that touches the disconector. This means the disconetor will never be knocked down and the hammer will be free to fall when the trigger is pulled.

Problem is the hammer will fall into the slide, so you have to short stroke the slide so that it only travels ~1/2 way.

You also loose the half cock as a safety position (the gun fires from half cock)

the next way is to reshape the disconector so that when the slide returns to battery, and the hammer is still pulled, it trips the sear
I've never managed to make this work, I've never had the parts shaped quite right and never managed to get the leaf spring to push on the disconector hard enough.

The last method is used by the TM hicappa extreem, and I think the best option

This is to effectively turn the disconectors function upside down. It's a lot of work, but it produces the best effect.

You need to change the track on the BBU so that it pushes down when origonaly it let the disconector up, and to let the disconector up when origonally it pushed down.

You then need to alter the sear and disconector (or fabricate new ones) so that the sear is tripped when the disconector moves DOWN rather than UP.

Requires designing new parts and fabricating them.
you also still loose the half cock position as safe for this method.

Of course you are Fireknife, my fellow 1911 user, who else could it possibly be?

I have a SIG now :P.

But alas FK is no-ones sidekick and no-ones leader, he walks alone, like a shadow hanging over those that think pistol have no use in airsoft ;).

'FireKnife'

Shotgun > kettle

And 1911 > all of other pistols, what is your point :P.

But either way I would be tempted to do the full auto mod but I like pistol accuracy and don't have the cash to buy a cheapo pistol to do it to at the moment.

'FireKnife'

The first method is very easy.

Cut the right bit off the disconector and hammer and put a section of tube in the recoil spring to ensure the short stroke.

I can do the whole thing in about half an hour.

The second method is PITB but it's how real 1911s go full auto when they are old and worn (search for full auto 1911 and you get a lot of stories of burpin 1911s that get american civilians kicked of of firing ranges and arrested)

The final method requires fabrication of parts. Easy if you have access to a CnC machine and can write CAD...

I *Think* you can just parts switch from a hicapa xtreem, but it wouldn't work for a detonics as the BBU is a different shape.

Archived