G&P M870 Folding Stock

Ledpocket

In my latest airsoft splurge at wgc, I picked up the m870 steel folding stock kit by G&P:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-385_cat_Stocks

Here are my observations:

It is nice and hefty. I mounted it to my ca870 and m870 and it made both of them feeal a lot beefier.

The foregrip wouldn't fit on the ca870. The recess in it was too small to accomodate the loop that holds the barrel to the fake shell tube. I'm sure a small bit of dremeling would cure that.

The pistol grip is in no way designed for a gas shotgun. There are no cutouts for the gas tube on an M870. There is a solid plastic wall inside the pistol grip. The area where the grip meets the receiver has no allowance for the gas tube either.

I had previously swapped out the std gas line for a much smaller diameter one, so dremeling a chanel in the grip and drilling a hole for the line to exit out the bottom of the pistol grip was not a big deal. It would hae been a lot more work with the standard sized tubing.

Also the forgrip, even though it fit on the m870, is smaller than the m870 grip. It fit on, but I believe it is really designed to replicate the ca870.

So overall, a neat kit. Looks good. Works good. Needs some fitting, not for a beginner to just swap out.

I'll get some pics of everything up later :)

Yes I believe it was meant for the spring version. Although like I said, the fore grip would not fit properly on the spring shotty out of the box. It needs a small amount of filing to fit over the barrel loop when it is in the forward position.

Maybe your friend's was molded better than mine.

But, none of the seemingly negative aspects bother me in the least. This stock is awesome. It gives a very satisfying metallic "clink" as it locks into position. It's heavy, and seems to be very well built.

Here are a few pics (on a gas m870). Don't mind the electrical tape on the grip, it's just a temporary way to hold the gas hose and connector. I'll be making a bottom cap or something to take care of that.

20050620shottystock0014dy.jpg

20050620shottystock0026iq.jpg

20050620shottystock0039zj.jpg

20050620shottystock0045oq.jpg

20050620shottystock0052gv.jpg

I just recived my CA870 and this stock today too, its very nice. No idea if the pump fits right now though cause I cant seem to figure out how to take the stock one off.

How do you get the pump off? Ive been fiddling with it for a little while now and I cant figure out for the life of me how it comes off..

It is kind of a pressure fit.

With the barrel and the shell tube off, the pump needs to go "down"

In other words, in the same direction you would remove the mag.

You probably need to wiggle it and work it. After you get it out a little, you can slide a screwdriver in there for better leverage.

As it comes from the factory, it is a very tight fit.

It is kind of a pressure fit.

With the barrel and the shell tube off, the pump needs to go "down"

In other words, in the same direction you would remove the mag.

You probably need to wiggle it and work it.  After you get it out a little, you can slide a screwdriver in there for better leverage.

As it comes from the factory, it is a very tight fit.

Ah so I need to take the barrel and shelltube off..okay.

And to update on the forgrip and the ca870, It only too a minor amount of "fitting" to get it to pump forward all the way. Maybe just slamming it home a few time would have worked, but it was definitely tight.

A few pics of it on the stock barreled ca870, and some pics with my home made shortened front end...

20050620shottystock0201di.jpg

20050620shottystock0173jz.jpg

20050620shottystock0109tx.jpg

20050620shottystock0127mi.jpg

20050620shottystock0132iu.jpg

v. nice- was tempted to go for this if the masterkey thing doesn't work out- bummer to know it'll require work to fit the gas m870 though, was hoping it'd have a large enough space to feed the gas tube through and then down and out of the pistol grip.

still, nothing insurmountable :)

With the std sized tubing in the m870, drilling a couple holes (1 near the mounting screw and 1 up from the bottom of the grip) shouldn't be "too" bad.

Lining everything up so the hose doesn't crimp would be my biggest worry.

The line I'm using is 500psi and a little over 1/8" od so it was pretty easy to dremel out a little pathway down to the grip. Didn't need a whole lot of d-work.

Oh, and after searching and searching, I can't find a suitable hammer spring for it. I just popped in the stock one, and turned the "juice" down a little on the co2 adapter. I am proud to say that it is now functioning (a little quiet for my tastes).

Now I have to field it and see what kind of range I will get...

excellent! glad to see my old darling shotty has found a good home with someone who'll pimp it to its utmost :) - highly tempted by another m870 for my cqb set-up, just hopefully won't blow it up though.

still waiting on the green light from Andairsoft before I can start thinking about any more purchases though...oh, to be rich...

Thanks for the doing the review, kind of disappointed with the result though. I have a pistol gripped M870 and was hoping that this kit would be somewhat of a conversion kit so G&P might start offering spare gas tanks. It's impossible to find extra Maruzen ones.

Archived