Help ID this rig?

Nickona

Hi everyone,

Trying to see if anyone can positively ID this chest rig.

It looks as if its designed to take grenades or some sort but thats all I know

My initial thought was South African but not sure about that as it hasn't turned anything up

Here it is:

SARig_small.jpg

So any help would be great!

Thanks

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Yea it does look about the same as your Niemoller kit..

I was sent an article from Combat and Survival dated May 2004 claiming it was a 32 Battalion rig who often had stuff made in non SADF colours (nutria) and made without labels so they couldn't be traced back to SA

Here's a link to the article:

http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Nickona/library/Rig?sort=3&page=1

Great article! Interestingly, a few of my green chest rigs have been halter necked like the one the lovely lady is wearing, but I also have some with the padded shoulder straps. I have the vest, but with a smaller butt pack pouch on it, like on the M83 vest.

• 2 weeks later...
Got this from Matt at camo collectibles..

seems like the mystery is solved!

"Its a Bophuthatswana chest rig. Former South African homelands. It's actually part of a bigger contraption, like a belt kit type of thing where the chest rig clips onto the h-frame shoulder straps."

• 2 months later...

Frogfish, already found out: "Its a Bophuthatswana chest rig. Former South African homelands. It's actually part of a bigger contraption, like a belt kit type of thing where the chest rig clips onto the h-frame shoulder straps."

Archived