PTW MK12MOD0

TB-Stalker

Tac's doing it? Make sure he takes photos for us! (And thereptilehouse, who I imagine will be interested.)

Yes Tac is doing it but he won't have all the accessories so don't know how purdy the photos will be. Yes Rich is well aware of the build ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Tac's doing it? Make sure he takes photos for us! (And thereptilehouse, who I imagine will be interested.)

Hmmmm, Tac...

One day I'll learn his secrets, and then I will be the PTW Master :D

Any update on this buddy? Would be nice to see what progress has been made. Or is it still with Tac? 

I'll just leave this here:

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

That's beautiful. Also until I saw this thread I wasn't 100% sure what the difference between the Mod 0/1 was and it finally prompted me to do that research in prep for my SPR Recoil build.

I am very envious of your rifle. I also like how you mention its going to get some hard use, as it deserves.

That's beautiful. Also until I saw this thread I wasn't 100% sure what the difference between the Mod 0/1 was and it finally prompted me to do that research in prep for my SPR Recoil build.

I am very envious of your rifle. I also like how you mention its going to get some hard use, as it deserves.

Thanks! A lot of love went into it, although I'm sure the MOD1 would have been a lot easier to build!

Wow, that is stunning!  :o

Do you mind telling me where you picked up the rear CQD sling mount?

Thanks :) I got mine from Tackleberry over on the Systema PTW forums, or you can message "Anthony Gnapp" on the "Tackleberry's Systema PTW User Group" on facebook, it's the same guy.

I'm sure the MOD1 would have been a lot easier to build!

My Mod1 actually cost more and took longer to obtain, mostly due to the fact that KAC parts were unavailable at the time and was generally more expensive compared to PRI and ARMS. Although I often see both Mod0 and Mod1 parts for sale these days at shows (less interest in Mk12's I suppose) and it depends on how accurate of a replica you want. The scopes BDC'd for the Mk262 are probably the most difficult to find these days, but given that Mk262's are so expensive...

Maybe, although I'd have to get one specially made, it would annoy me too much to take the compensator off, I'd want it to attach the same way as the RS.

I don't quite understand what's happening with your break? Just unscrew the thread protector that's attached to your break, screw in the suppressor, and adjust the collar. I have a King Arms replica 12th Model and it fits onto the break with no modification needed. I also have a GB-Tech 12th model, but I had to modify the threads to make it fit.

• 4 months later...

Archived