KJW MK1 - shorter trigger pull HELP

Imperator

Hi there,

I have a couple of MK1's lying about, and I've decided to make them a little more skirmishable. Which means dealing with a lot of issues, one being it's horrendous trigger pull.

Has anyone ever tried to reduced the trigger pull, while maintaining sufficient hammer strength to engage the mag valve? How can it be done?

I should say I tried to do some filing on the lever that engages the hammer sear, managing to shorten the trigger pull a bit, but now the hammer doesn't strike hard enough to open the valve... -_- (luckily I have another one...).
Any ideas?

Cheers

other than taking the slack out of the system, i don't think you can shorten a NBB's trigger pull. not only does it need to cock and fire the hammer with significant force, it needs to draw the barrel/hop up back to load a BB. and that is needed stroke length. it doesnt help that you cannot cock the hammer and set the BB in the chamber like a TM MK23

if anyone else wants to say in wrong though, i have been wrong before.

yeah, I guess you're right. After my failed attempt, I started to think about it, and was getting to the same conclusion...
Although, as to the barrel problem, I think it's possible to shorten the travel length quite a bit, so that it moves less around. It only needs to go forward enough so that the magazine can be inserted/removed.

You could make it a straight pull system (like a welrod pistol) so that you move the inner barrel separately to the trigger pull.

I had planned to do this to my mk1 when I had it, but decided that the work involved would not justify the minute improvement in the trigger pull.

You could make it a straight pull system (like a welrod pistol) so that you move the inner barrel separately to the trigger pull.

I had planned to do this to my mk1 when I had it, but decided that the work involved would not justify the minute improvement in the trigger pull.

I thought of it, but I guess it would mean redesign entirely the bolt and trigger assembly.

Connect the fake bolt to the barrel, so that once pulled, the barrel would enter the mag and chamber a round, while at the same time cocking the hammer and locking it back. Then the trigger's only function would be releasing the hammer. It's way too much trouble like you say...

• 1 month later...

I'm fairly sure RenegadeCow posted a guide on how to do just this. It involves modding a couple of parts and making a replacement part. It didn't look horribly complicated. The easier option is to just replace the hammer spring with a softer one, it drop the power but since they tend to run around 450fps that's possibly not a bad thing.

I'm fairly sure RenegadeCow posted a guide on how to do just this. It involves modding a couple of parts and making a replacement part. It didn't look horribly complicated. The easier option is to just replace the hammer spring with a softer one, it drop the power but since they tend to run around 450fps that's possibly not a bad thing.

I found RenegadeCow's mod. It's a single action mod. While not exactly what I was looking for, I guess it may be the best option...

Yeah it's pretty much that or fitting a softer hammer spring, as I understand it most of the resistance of the trigger pull is down to the hammer spring located in the back strap. You can't really reduce the pull weight without also reducing the power. What would be awesome is a short stroke GBB ruger, we can but hope.

If you're not really after all that power, cutting or swapping out the hammer spring with a softer one does a lot as Ninja said. Also there's a spring on the loading nozzle that comes compressed against the magazine at the last few mm of the trigger travel. You can also lighten this one as you don't need all that pressure just to make a good seal for a shot. Lastly you can polish up the contacting surfaces between the trigger bar and hammer and use some heavy grease.

Archived