WE G39 bucking selection

BioRage

Hello there,

Not sure if this is the right section. However, need help picking up a new hop-up bucking.

Just picked up a WE G39c and would like to replace the bucking, does anyone have any suggestions?

I will be shooting under 350 FPS for CQB.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Was looking at this if this is proper one:

Link 1

or 

Link 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me feedback in relation to anything regarding this gun, and suggestions and even if those bucking aren't right, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Here's another one to add to your confusion:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/mapleleaf-monster-hopup-rubber-marui-pistol-p-6569.html

I have a couple friends who stick to Maple Leaf 70% for under 400fps. Not sure which type though as I believe the contour of the hop mount is what's different between the two. I have both old and new A+ VSR/GBB rubbers though which are around 70% and are similar in contour to the Maple Leaf Delta and Monster respectively. The Diamond actually looks close to the Monster design so it would probably work ok as well only they only come in 70-80%.

Buy both, try them and see what happens they are cheap enough anyways.

I have the old standard maple leaf bucking on both my G39E and AK-PMC.  Their pressure area design is similar to the A+ bucking but they are dimensionally better.  A+ buckings leak and result in inconsistent FPS loss, sometimes as much as 200fps.

Using the maple leaf, both results in inconsistent hop up using 0.25gs but 0.28gs the accuracy becomes much better. Though you gotta remember, @ 10*C, the G39E shot at 430fps, while the AK shot at 390fps, both on 0.28gs.

Perhaps these newer hop buckings may sort out the inconsistency using lighter BBs.

So sounding A+ are a hit or miss?

I shoot .25 indoors only.

Hmm, so my buddy did a big order from WGCShop and ordered this for me (link)

Though I have a feeling it is the wrong one. Should I go ahead and order the other ones from WGC or the one linked from EB?

Any other upgrades I should get for the G39 while I'm at it? (Charging handle I'm assuming)

Thanks guys!

The A+ fitment really depends on which platform you use it on.  

I have had no luck with A+ on any of my WE GBBRs and pistols, while A+ on a modified VFC GBBR yielded quite consistent results.

But since then even maple leaf can yield a hit and miss across different platforms, hence why I usually buy a lot of rubbers to test performance for each platform I modify.

I had a WE Xm177E where the rifle would shoot inconsistently and occasionally double feed with every rubber I tried except marui (WE, KJ, Nineball, RA-tech, A+, Maple leaf, TM).   Even then, after a while the marui had inconsistent hop issues.   The inconsistent hop issue disappeared after I installed an anti bounce buffer onto the rifle.  But without a high speed camera I cannot even begin to draw a solid hypothesis as to why this occurs.

So yeah buy a few rubbers to test and figure out the best one.  And while you are at it you should buy the parts also.

G36C doesn't shoot sub 350fps from my experience, so you will need to either get an npas or get a lo-flow floating valve.

But on top of that a G36 isn't the ideal platform for CQB.  Its more for field.  Mags too big, hard to find webbing to fit and results in slow reloads. 

I've never really heard of problems with A+ or Maple Leaf in WEs until now to be honest. Just about everyone I know will toss the stock WE hop and replace it with either of the two and never hear of hop woes from them again. But if you experienced problems across different hop rubbers and even on those which are reputable like Nineball and TM, I'm inclined to think that the problem lies in the hop chamber and/or the installation. Maybe yours was pinching thus causing a leak? They're tighter around the inner barrel and nozzle but are also thicker on the outside by a bit so the hop up really squeezes it tight that wrapping it in Teflon tape is no longer necessary, if you could even get it to fit (first time I tried it just kept ripping the Teflon off). But if the hop chamber is catching and pinching the rubber at the seam when you close it you'll definitely get a gap leading to consistency issues. Try deburring the hop chamber edges where they might bite into the rubber during installation and a little bit of oil or dishwashing liquid on those areas helps too.

Great info gents.

Thank you, much appreciated for the help.

I will see how this one bucking does, if I am not happy with the results I will try another source.

Hmm, I know the G36 mags are a tad bulky, but I suppose it's something "different" then your typical M4 GBB.. that's why I'm so set on it.

I do have a WE SCAR-L Laying around, but not sure how much I'd want to use that in CQB.

I'm looking at picking up the RA-TECH cocking lever before the plastic one snaps. I also read that the RA-TECH hammer has issues? or was that the SCAR, haha getting these two mixed up. :huh:

Might have to pick up some HSGI Tacos, or TT G36 mag pouches.

Sounds like your nozzle oring might be damaged or worn out, when the nozzle is leaking there is no shot to shot consistancy.

The A+ fitment really depends on which platform you use it on.  

I have had no luck with A+ on any of my WE GBBRs and pistols, while A+ on a modified VFC GBBR yielded quite consistent results.

But since then even maple leaf can yield a hit and miss across different platforms, hence why I usually buy a lot of rubbers to test performance for each platform I modify.

I had a WE Xm177E where the rifle would shoot inconsistently and occasionally double feed with every rubber I tried except marui (WE, KJ, Nineball, RA-tech, A+, Maple leaf, TM).   Even then, after a while the marui had inconsistent hop issues.   The inconsistent hop issue disappeared after I installed an anti bounce buffer onto the rifle.  But without a high speed camera I cannot even begin to draw a solid hypothesis as to why this occurs.

So yeah buy a few rubbers to test and figure out the best one.  And while you are at it you should buy the parts also.

G36C doesn't shoot sub 350fps from my experience, so you will need to either get an npas or get a lo-flow floating valve.

But on top of that a G36 isn't the ideal platform for CQB.  Its more for field.  Mags too big, hard to find webbing to fit and results in slow reloads. 

Renegadecow and jkpics: 

Thanks for the advice but I assure you those are the first things I check.  I agree that the nineball and a number of hop rubbers are tighter and I described the original mod to deburr KSC/Marui hop rubbers in 2003, LOL.   I have installed the nineball on a number of marui/WE pistols, all yielding poorer accuracy performance.  RAtech rubbers have been worse on Marui and WEs, resulting in loss of FPS across the board, not just on the XM177E2.

Perhaps its because I am very meticulous when it comes to the analysis of each mod that I notice these minute changes in consistency.  I always test my guns before I mod and after I mod to notice the difference in FPS, hop trajectory and accuracy.  As you guys probably see the number of reviews and modification contributions I have written since airsoftzone in 2000, I leave very little details unexamined.

Currently I don't have another project airsoft gun to work on as yet so I can't test parts, but will keep an eye out when I do get an opportunity to test the parts.

The vertical deviation between hopping high at 60m and dropping to the ground before 60m, but no major changes in FPS (+-20 FPS). 

This deviation occurred on the XM177E2, AK PMC and G39E that I had.  The XM was fixed by changing to a Marui rubber (which fixed it for a short while until it re-occurred again, until the anti-bolt bounce buffer), while the G39E and AK was fixed using a Maple leaf bucking AND 0.28gs (it was still occuring with 0.25gs).

Again I have no idea why this happens, at the time they all had stock parts with next to no wear so I can't begin to explain why.

Maybe the bb brand and/or weight? I've had ICS jam on me before when I had my M4 and attributed it to the coating on the BBs which also caused eratic hop whenever oil found itself on the hop. Now I'm using JER .30g with my AK, with .25s being slightly eratic possibly from the excess air coming out as it shoots fine in my XP-100 despite having the same hop.

Nah its definately not that.

I used SRC 0.25gs on Those rifles while I use the same 0.25gs on both AEGs and other GBBRs with no issues.

I have a VFC M4 with a VSR hop mod on a WE rubber with no hop variance on 0.25gs, shooting at 400fps on 0.25gs, similarly I used the same rounds on the WE MP7 and S&T PPSH41 with no issues neither.

Archived