hicapa issue

paranoiddroid

Ok my 5.1 dragon occasionally does something odd and it's a pig to fix when it does it.

When racking the slide at home practicing my tacticool one hand racking and the like sometimes the slide jams halfway back and just won't move forward the rest of the way.

It stops just slightly forward of the slide lock and to fix it I have to take off the compensator wiggle out the barrel and then remove the slide lock and take the slide off then reassemble.

It's more annoying than a serious issue I just want to know what's causing it. So any ideas on how to stop it doing it?

Following tests.

Cause the jam and then remove the magazine.

See if it can jam with the magazine removed.

Cause a jam and push the slide forwards (don't push too hard unless you break something further, I just want to see if it's sticking or locked)

Cause a jam and then pull the slide backwards, does it completely lock up.

Take out the slidelock and put the slidelock in backwards so that it still acts as a pin holding the gun together, but no longer acts as a slidelock. Does the slide still jam.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Um it's done it both with mag in and out

2. I cab. Move the slide back a little but not forward at all it binds

3 when it jams it's gone far enough the hammer coked and the trigger pu?ls fine but as slide.is above hamer it doesn't go forward.

As for the slide lock I dont know when can cause it. Will have a crack tonight after I unjam it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived