New Element LLM01 lamp not working....

This really ###### me off. It seems like every device I touch spontaneously breaks. Brand new Element LLM01, bought yesterday. Tested in the store and the lamp functioned flawlessly. Came home last night and the lamp would only come on for a split second then shut off. Tried again this morning and the lamp is totally dead. Bought new batteries and still dead. The VIS and IR lasers work perfectly fine so I know it's not the batteries. Is the lamp just a piece of *suitcase* or what? 

Sounds like you got a duff. Fortunately you got it from a store not Hong Kong or whatever so tbh I'd take it back and get a replacement.

Word of warning: Don't leave the batteries in Element LLMs. They will just run down. Best to keep em out and pop em in the morning of the game.

Otherwise I think the lamp on the LLM is pretty good.

It's easy for the reflector housing to come away from the main body of the unit a little bit and put the circuit a bit away, making it U/S.

I had the same problem with mine. Try pushing the reflector housing into the main body of the unit and see if it makes it work. It might have even twisted slightly, ripping the LED from the circuit or making a loose connection.

Goddammit so I exchanged it for a new one, and just about every person online has said to either remove the batteries or put them in backwards during storage. I had no where to put my batteries on the hour-long train ride home so I put them in backwards, and an hour later noticed them overheating. Burned the *fruitcage* LED. 

This time around I actually burned it out so I don't think I can exchange it. What I don't understand is that I have inserted batteries in reverse multiple times with multiple electronics and never had a problem until now, and, why is it only the LED that goes tits up and not the lasers?

I went back to the shop. They specifically asked if I put the batteries in backwards. I lied  :rolleyes:  They didn't want me to continue burning through their LLMs until they confirmed what was wrong with them so they gave me a refund and I bought a Surefire M300 knockoff that, in all honestly, looks a hell of a lot better on my rifle than the LLM. Not KSK accurate though....

Well that's a bit of a result. Maybe they should have told you not to put the batteries in backwards, if they know it's enough of an issue to be their first question.

Of course, they probably read this forum and now know who you are, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived