What the bloody *fruitcage* is wrong with APlus?

bankz5152

I am extremely angry with A Plus at this point. I have bought x2 GHK AK hop unit barrel combos which cannot be disassembled for installation or changing the hop rubber. 

There are two 1.5mm grub screws that hold the hop unit to the barrel for some insane reason A Plus decided that the entire grub screw be lathered in threadlocker! I mean an insane amount, to the point where it rounded off the grub screw meaning it cannot be removed. 

Can't drill it out because of the barrel. 

Can't use heat because of the hop rubber

Cant cut out it

Just *fruitcage* insane. You do not need threadlocker on there at all. 

Total idiots. Emailed them asking why and to inform them of their grave mistake. 

Refunds are a pain in the *albatross* as it means shipping it back to HK, probable cost the same to ship it back.

Once my anger reduced I sent them an email asking what the hell they think they where doing.

Managed to get it out, it fit into a socket used a drill and "span" it off. Then drilled out the grub screw.

Barrels fine, chambers fine, hop rubbers torn to shreds. New ones £15. Bloody joke.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

No idea, yet to bloody install it. Waiting for a new rubber. 

Used 2 plastic units, both shattered within 100 rounds, tried the Ali chamber, the window is too small to allow a decent hop nub in, even the standard one doesnt fit properly resulting in minimal hop. 

Few friends had some excellent results with the Aplus so trying that out. 

Did the A-Plus unit actually work for you? For me it dropped the fps by 150, assuming it's because the hop was too strong, I loosened it only to get leaking BBs... I gave up on it and went back to the stock hop unit with a different rubber... 

Some people(including NugentGl) had this issue. The problem was that in some AKs when you placed in the A+ hop-up chamber there was a gap between it and the barrel which meant that the whole thing could move and the nozzle would not seal correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived