Guns Modify Slide issue and terrible after sales

gunlock34

The Guns modify RMR slide has been released for a while. I have run into a issue of it.

first of all, the slide kit does not arrive with the screws for installing RMR on the slide.

The Poles for installing the RMR was broken during test firing. one of the pole breaks apart from the slide.I have contacted GM’s FB and customer service. Unfortunately the outcome was terrible.

As in the capture pics will show the conversation log (if there’s is any translation mistake please remind me.) 

Briefly, I have contacted GM’s customer service about the above issue. The CS has a to claim that the issue was not effected by the slide’s quality or material. It was my fault of breaking it. CS said I used brute force to tighten the screw and by brute force making the pole tears apart from the  slide. As I said it was broken by test firing the gun. We both agreed to we will share the cost of the slide. Which means I will pay HKD250 and the broken slide to exchange the new slide. GM told me to bring the money and the slide to where I bought and there will be a slide ready for me on 13th of Sep. 

Somehow, I followed the date and brought it back to the place. The Shop keeper said that GM haven’t told them anything about the exchange. The shop staff said just drop the slide and money to me and we will help you change it for you. When the staffs get back to me, they said oh gun mor said they are not changing it/ they don’t know about this. after that i collect my money and my broken slide back and start asking GM what happen. A day after I sent one more email and FB message.They replied that we will no longer provide you any exchange for your case. 

Event time line

Facebook PM(no rely),email sent?Facebook reply, Email still no reply,agreed HKD250 plus broken slide for exchange, GM sent email, replied. until 13th no preparation of the slide and no exchange, sent email to GM via FB/email, sent email and FB PM again a day after, GM replies no offering any exchange. 

Converstation log and Pics:

12033212_10205681511780672_5263587708825

12038047_10205681519420863_7047731341569

12009663_10205681511860674_3366295683918

12003369_10205681512300685_4996199397800

Me: Want ask about your recent product RMR slide, what is the thread/screw size for the RMR holes, coz i am missing the screws to install the RMR. Hope to have your reply ASAP.

11836820_10205681512100680_3787545002587

GM: M2.5 with suitable length, depends on what sight you use. 

12036701_10205681512220683_1678269903379

ME: Want to ask how will you handle this situation?

11988309_10205681512180682_8521756645089

GM:This situation should be occurred by installation mistake(brute force of tighten the screw. every airsoft RMR slide uses this kind of structure to build. 0.7mm of Thickness. Shouldn’t caused by quality.

GM: If you are local/Hong Kong client, we can offer you are lower price as a part of the kit. You will need return the damaged product back to us .

Me: This problem was happened by test firing in home. I found out that the RMR was loose and after Uninstall. Found out it was tear apart. When I install i didn’t really tighten it really tight and applied thread lock.

12039557_10205681512060679_7305584022592

Me: Approx price?

Me: The gun was just test fired in home only. Not really in field. 

Me: Approx Price?

GM: We will post a installation remind users about the slide. We hope every user can have a cheerful installation experience.

GM: We have never handle your case/issue before, get back to you later.

12004142_10205681601022903_3383057968227

ME: good then

GM: According to the price scale, we will share half of the cost. you must return the broken slide and pay HKD250. There’s only once of this product exchange.

ME: Use Local Post? Do you have a local shop that can help the exchange?

GM:Where did you bought the slide?

12003180_10205681512980702_2896735202519

GM:you can bring the slide over there. Drop the damaged slide and money and take a new slide. we will tell them about it these days.

ME:One more thing to ask, the kit I bought does not contain the slide lock and slide stop of your company. Is it right?

GM: It’s correct. We do not contain those parts since we change it to magwell. you can check out our official website.

Me: okok 

12043152_10205681615023253_4935536628310

Me : The zero hammer rotor was broken due to long term of use. Can I know if there’s any restock for the airsoft shops in Hong Kong?

Me: I took the slide to (location/shop) today and i cannot change the slide. The shopkeeper said that the will sort it out with you. Then they said you won’t change for it. Whats happening?

12011402_10205681512940701_1328577979289

Me: Do you provide any exchange?

GM:Yes, We are not providing any exchange from now. Coz we received your email, you claimed that you did not make any mistake and you shouldn’t pay any money at all. From this point, We think that we didn’t did anything wrong either, so we shouldn’t take any responsibility. If we did a exchange with you, that means that we did a mistake. You resist, so do we.

12002980_10205681614743246_4800522661415

Me:Of coz i am right. Either it’s the slide problem or my installation mistake. We both agreed that we use 250HKD and the broken slide to do a exchange. You did not prepare a slide for me to exchange on the 13th Sep. I waste my time and money for a walk to the shop. Then it’s the shop who tell me there’s no exchange. Then I asked via FB email. We have agreement and you broke it. Now you are not changing it because of i said i am still right. Do you have a problem in yourself? If you had a slide for me to change on 13th this problem won’t even happen. 

12006328_10205681513140706_7365849266782

12003150_10205681513180707_4079159646067

12011168_10205681614263234_1060252371137

Hong Kong Airsoft Forum CGF Post:http://www.wargamehk.com/cgf/viewthread.php?tid=148443&extra=&page=1

My kit came with screws.

From the damage to the posts it appears that too large a screw was used.

From what I know running around and joining as many forums to air dirty laundry isn't how you win over someone you want a favor from.

I was using the screw same thread as GM told, maybe your retailer did u a really good favour by giving u them. I am telling how terrible that GM was. You can't say GM has no mistakes made and no responsibility in this case. I am telling that a company that can break a agreement without telling their customer and letting the customer to waste their time and money.

Jesus Christ, what did you do to the slide to make that happen?! It looks like you tore the posts off outright - I have to say I agree with Danke that you were using the wrong size of screw or applied way, way too much force in tightening them down. Those slides are billet-machined from aluminium alloy - it's soft, but it's not fragile; I agree with GM that this is a user error, not a manufacturing defect. Did GM supply the screws, or did you? Did they tell you what sort of thread? Did you buy high-quality screws or *suitcasey* ones? How much force did you use to tighten them down?

That said, I agree with you - GM should not have agreed to exchange the slide and then defaulted on that. They are not obliged to offer you any sort of deal, but once they have, they should stick to it.

I used the screw as gun modify said. Well, they did not attach a intruction manual of using how much strength to tighten it up.just like u said, so if I add silicone as lubricant making it run smoother and kicks harder it's also my fault ? U can't use a M3 thread on a M2.5 hole.

How do u declare on how much force u tighten a screw? I can tell I use a screw driver tighten it up and applied thread lock. If it's the problem how it doesn't comes in other brand such as prime and A1A.

Just if its my fault of operation, they broke the agreement without notice me and let me to waste time and travel cost to shop to change the item. Just take place in my pos. Just imagine u have been lied. How angry would u be? U also need to keep sending message to ask for a reply after a 2 days. How terrifying....

Why you both so sure the wrong screws was used ?

If a bigger screws was used, why only one side broken ??

I've got a PhD in reading between the lines and 2 decades of experience looking at structural failures.

Why just one? Because they weren't wound down evenly.

It looks you may have used a screw that was too long rather than too "big". Like danke said it probably wasnt tightened evenly qhich is why one post broke instead of both. Im guessingyou screwed it all the way down to tighten the rmr onto the slide then the screw hit bottom and proceeded to pull the post off the base of the slide. Sorry to see it happen.

So here comes the problem, the kit doesn't have the screw with it and intruction. Gun modify said m2.5 with suitable length , how do u define suitable length? It can't be too long, coz if it's too long it will actually press down the BBU and nozzle causing a malfunction of the gun. U can see there's plenty of space between the pole and the screw top, which its hold the RMR on.

The guns shoots well and smooth, so too long of the screw doesn't exist.

Photos are taken by IPhone 6, it's the highest res cam that I have.

If it's too big screw uses, I believe that the poles won't tear apart. They will crack the pole instead.

I have quite a few hears on mod: fixing airsofts, I haven't try successfully drilling a hole by use a bigger screw. Especially, M3 on M2.5. Unless the threads are wound. Try to do that on your slide and tell me if u can.

It looks you may have used a screw that was too long rather than too "big". Like danke said it probably wasnt tightened evenly qhich is why one post broke instead of both. Im guessingyou screwed it all the way down to tighten the rmr onto the slide then the screw hit bottom and proceeded to pull the post off the base of the slide. Sorry to see it happen.

There's no bottom or blind end. If you use too long screws they hit the BBU and push it out of place so the pistol won't feed.

It appears to to be too large/wrong pitch was used. As the screws were wound in they started to seize and bind. Instead of stopping and removing them though they were forced in further. One bound up and tore the post off. That's why you see that elongation in the material at the base of the removed post. The other one is going also, you can see the spiral fracture from the screw and further damage at the base where it was almost torn off.

PhD ? Then you could see anything with measurements ? XDDDD

The point is "GM have agreed to exchange the slide and then defaulted".

Then That is problem of "trust worthy".

Bty, big screws was used -> pitch no right -> screws too long ->>>> what next ? UFO instance??

Why you don't say the thread inside the pole has problem ?

No doubt they looked at the pictures and came to the same result as I did.

No defect in material; user error.

You probably could have negotiated a better result but instead you freaked out and joined as many airsoft forums to cry about it. That a slap in the face and they've decided you're not worth saving.

Next time let someone else put it together. This was a rushed build with the wrong size parts and an inevitable failure. Next you'll probably buy a new slide and pretend they caved in.

if you think this topic disturbing you, you could skip away. 

No one requested you to provide so-called phd "investigation" with your "measurement-eyes"

Obviously, he only voiced out the unfair results here, not requesting a better results. ok ? 

bty, he may put parts together more than you jerking-off ~!  

Well, if u have saw the video I posted serval reply before and u say that was rushed build. I can truly tell u are a man who speaks, not act.

No doubt they looked at the pictures and came to the same result as I did.

No defect in material; user error.

You probably could have negotiated a better result but instead you freaked out and joined as many airsoft forums to cry about it. That a slap in the face and they've decided you're not worth saving.

Next time let someone else put it together. This was a rushed build with the wrong size parts and an inevitable failure. Next you'll probably buy a new slide and pretend they caved in.

Well, if u have saw the video I posted serval reply before and u say that was rushed build. I can truly tell u are a man who speaks, not act. Just hide yourself in your PHD books u have read.

Archived