TM M16 DMR upgrade winter project.

CSC Maverick

Hey guys, one of my most used airsoft weapons is my TM m16a2. I got it in a trade, and have used it for years. (got it in 2005-2007 range, stopped played for 4-5 years, still use it now since I'm back into the sport). I use it in a DMR role, and I'm looking to make a winter project out of it. I want overhaul a lot of the externals. I'd want to build it slowly over the winter piece by piece and have it ready to for next Spring:

J2Pymnc.jpg

The top picture is how it currently looks. Plastic TM body. As for internals, it only has 3 upgrades at this time: -Tightbore barrel running to just before the silencer -More powerful spring to bring the FPS up to 375-380 -New Motor

I also have it re-wired to take mini type batteries so I can run li-pos in it.

For now, I think I'm leaving the internals alone until something finally goes on it, which may be a while because Maruis are awesome. I outrange most AEGs on the field with it in its current form.  I might crank it up closer to 400 fps if/when that time comes.

As for the externals, I list my proposed changes in the picture.

Let me know what you think!

I'm guessing the barrel is the old TM three piece design. You might want to change this as well to kill the wobble completely. You would also want to change the hop to a one piece design. It comes with some metal bodies.

I am all for restoring and upgrading older guns but I think you need to ask yourself if the upgrades themselves will end up costing more than buying another gun (maybe used) that contain some of the features you are looking for. I am currently upgrading a TM M733 and even though I got the base gun for almost nothing, with all the upgrades (metal body, barrel, delta ring etc.) it almost cost as much as a new G&P M733 that already contains most of my feature upgrades. I suppose it depends on what kind of funds you have and if the process of building it is a big part of the project itself.

Leave the externals as is besides the outer barrel

Have it airtightened starting at the cylinder ending at the hopup

Fixate the inner barrel

install a switch for examble ASCU or similar for a crisp trigger pull

If you want to get rid of the front sight post and do a little different than others

get the airsystem adjuster from the piston driven ARs it looks a little more badass than the standard flipupfrontsight

that everybody else have as well

Archived