GBBR Lubricant?

Beeingmyself

Hello CH/Airsofter

I have previously used Wurth HHS5000 silicone oil for GBBRs

But is there anything better or cheaper of some sort?

I live EU so whatever you recommend would be nice to be able to get my hand on.

See you in the optics

For the gas system parts, and other mechanical components (trigger to hammer), I use a medium silicone oil and, as Renegadecow says, I have an abundance of RC oils to choose from.

For rails I have switched to grease as I have found that the oil does not stay put on 'open' surfaces, so to speak. I use Comma Lith-Moly grease which is rubber/plastic safe and very smooth on my Marui P226. This grease is not specific to Comma, there are many makers that have it in their line-up, it´s the dark grey, metallic looking grease. Also, it´s about ?5 a tub and will last many, many years.

Tom.

RC silicone shock oil and recently started using Guarder teflon grease (for gearboxes I think) for larger surfaces and parts. Works well.

Last time I bought RC shock oil (Tamiya oil) I ordered from a Japan hobby store for super cheap.

RC silicone shock oil and recently started using Guarder teflon grease (for gearboxes I think) for larger surfaces and parts. Works well.

Last time I bought RC shock oil (Tamiya oil) I ordered from a Japan hobby store for super cheap.

Link pretty please??

http://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-SIL0200

I bought 5 of them for $34 USD with shipping.

If I had bought them locally in Sweden it would have been $70 USD :D

200 is my favorite universal weight/viscosity for airsoft use.

Had 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 before but 200 is really the only one you need IMO.

Just noticed it's Kyosho oil and not Tamiya like I said before.

Archived