ordering from KIC (their "terms")

mimesis

I recently enquired about ordering a slide/outer barrel combo from KIC.

Apart from the rather higher conversion rate to USD than expected and the $35 for airmail (for an aluminum slide), Jessica's message also includes the following:

*We will attached an orange cap in front of the outer barrel to comply with US import regulations.
Also, the trademark must be removed from the slide since all real gun trademark are illegal.

So my question is: do they really do this to airsoft *parts*?  Do they glue on to a separate barrel, and do they deface trades on a separate slide?   Or is this just legalese?

Just Email Jessica about the trades, maybe they will just cover them with putty or tape, the orange tip is a must for the states, but as long as it's removable it should be ok. From my Experiance with kic, I had no problems at all, Infact Jeccisca is more then helpful and pleasant to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

Not aftermarket barrels though?

I am not in the US but I always thought you could order a complete gun, have that barrel orange tipped, and then get a separate barrel that came without an orange tip? :o

He said it was a plug, so it comes of ;)

Well yes, an orange plug which is normally superglued the *fruitcage* inside of the barrel. Many people all but ruin the barrels trying to get those out.

And even so I was always under the impression that aftermarket barrels were not treated with the orange tip process.

Like Guges Mk3 said above, Jessica/KIC were just being extra-super-cautious.  I've had plenty of after-market traded slides sent to me, and this was the first one with tape/putty.  And fortunately, it wasn't superglue, but, err, heat/water sensitive.

Just posted this for US-based people that this is what to expect if ordering from KIC.  Service: great; shipping: great; exchange rate applied: no comment.

Archived