Tommygunn

Paypal transfer fees within the EU?

While I'm trying to converse with Paypal which is the long winded way I thought I'd ask here.

I want to transfer a sum from my primary Paypal account, to which my Italian current account is registered, to my secondary PP account which has my UK Halifax current account as the bank account.

I want to do the transfer as friends and family, which it is, but when I get past that option it says it is going to charge me for the transfer even though is says it is free within the EU.

Is it only free when the transfer is within an EU country but once it goes cross border, within the EU, it is then subject to a fee?

Not very clear.

Tom.

Paypal-Fee.jpg

Paypal-Fee-2.jpg

Don't use paypal. It's bloody expensive. THey kill you on fee's and they always give you like 10% worse exchange rate than market.

Use www.transferwise.com for transferring between bank accounts. It uses credit card but doesn't kill you on fee's.

• Like 1

Why do you have to use a 3rd party at all? 

Can you not withdraw the funds to your actual bank account and then bank transfer direct to your other account? 

Wait, so the funds on your Paypal accounts aren't transferred to your bank accounts immediately?

You could just use bank transfer and call it a day then...

12 hours ago, shmook said:

Why do you have to use a 3rd party at all? 

Can you not withdraw the funds to your actual bank account and then bank transfer direct to your other account? 

I may be glossing over a detail in the original post, but i would say that he would still get a bad exchange rate and possibly fees.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jal3 said:

I may be glossing over a detail in the original post, but i would say that he would still get a bad exchange rate and possibly fees.

Fair enough, I don't know how it works so was just asking 😀

Thanks gents.

Jal3, funnily enough, Tranferwise rang a bell and I checked my signed ups and I am with them, did a transfer last year. Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah, screw Paypal!

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 2