What makes a gun a good "first gun"

Joefahey

uve coverd the subject of best first gun but what bout a first gun manufacturer. ive heard TM are the best for a first timer but somebody told me that classic army are great because its 1j out of the box and its got a full metal body, i was looking at a CA mp5a2 and i love it, shud i get it or go 4 a mauri?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

On topic, what I would look for in a first gun would be:

1) Good reputation, a TM is a great one, as mantinence is minimal.

2) Surdy, hard to check over the internet, but hiring a gun would solve this.

3) Ergonomics, if it's a rifle, find one that matches your body build (long for tall, short for small)

4) Go for a gun that looks good, you don't want a top performing ugly piece of plastic

5) Make sure you know exactly what you're buying, I had no idea what kind of gas to use in a GBB. (I got lucky on my first try)

6) Go for a cheaper model, to decide if you like the sport, or better yet, rent a gun and play a game.

-Sh0ty

• 9 months later...

most people talked about the basic characteristics the first good gun needs to have. However, I cannot stress how important it is to actually have the gun in your hand and try it out. I mean you could have the coolest looking gun and have it very durable and order it online, but then you find out you don't liike the feel, whether it is front heavy or back heavy. Or if it feels plasticy. That is why some people recommend renting or borrowing AEG's from others at games.

Archived