NorthEast MP2 Gbb (Bundeswehr UZI)

• sandstorm changed the title to NorthEast MP2 Gbb (Bundeswehr UZI)
15 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Same. Personally would rather Hebrew markings and NE said they will, but I can't wait.

NE does so many variations on their limited Smgs, that I am holding back a bit for wood stocked 16" barrel police carbine.

9 hours ago, sandstorm said:

NE does so many variations on their limited Smgs, that I am holding back a bit for wood stocked 16" barrel police carbine.

Someone on FB asked about a 16" version and NE said they aren't planning to.

Can I ask what police used a 16" Uzi? I was under the impression that 16" barrels solely existed to meet US NFA requirements for civilian owners.

They denied that they were working on the Uzi ever since someone noticed one in the back of early Sten work in progress photos, so it's not like they couldn't say one, and then roll out something else couple of years later. 

As for police use of 16" barrel carbines, that's something that I am not too certain about either. Police in Europe did use semi-only versions of SMGs as supplement to sidearms, but don't know if they had same with Uzis... 

Highly unlikely they'll do the 16". not enough interest.  Also not just a longer barrel, theres the matter of converting the mech to closed bolt.  As for Police use of em, highly unlikely, pretty sure they where basically for US Civilian use.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:17 AM, sandstorm said:

As for police use of 16" barrel carbines, that's something that I am not too certain about either. Police in Europe did use semi-only versions of SMGs as supplement to sidearms, but don't know if they had same with Uzis... 

I've seen semi-only conversions for police use, but the usual method for that was to simply weld or rivet a blocker into the selector track so that the gun cannot be switched to full auto. That's a cheap and easy conversion for open-bolt full-auto guns if all you are worried about is functionally locking out automatic fire.

The US BATFE, however, considers any open bolt gun a machine gun regardless of its fire control, and barrel length under 16" makes even a closed-bolt gun a Title II short-barreled rifle (SBR), so  Uzis imported into the US for commercial sale have a substantially different closed-bolt system (that cannot accept FA bolts) and 16" barrels. Government customers, like the Secret Service, just bought standard off-the-shelf full-auto 10" Uzis.

I'm not aware of any government, police, or military forces ever using either closed-bolt or 16"-barrel Uzis.

• Thanks 1