Wow..

sp00n

Alright I dont know what the freakin problem with Yahoo is right now, but click that link and put this in the "search for something" window

Get ready to e-mail this one to your friends...

Itll be the first link in the results.

That IS funny, indeed!! Instead of telling kids who have troubles learning

that they have "failed" over and over, lets tellem that they have "deferred success", theyll feel a lot better!

Deferred success is not the same as failing, deferred means put off, so unless the child was to retake an exam again (and given the attitude of many of today's children towards education, this is unlikely), their success wouldn't be forthcoming at all, so deferred success is a bit silly really.

reminds me of singapore.

to save people embarrassment and to save family 'face' [ie. repuation and upstanding in the community, blah blah], no-one uses the term 'to be made redundant' [something we heard alot in the 80s over here iirc].

instead, they call it 'retrenchment' as it infers that they are simply moving from one place to the next, and everyones reputaton remains intact.

i got 'scolded' [again, a 'poper' term for being nagged and shouted at] for using an improper term like 'being made redundant'.

pfft.

Word Fail to be abolished

LONDON (Reuters) - The word "fail" should be banned from use in British classrooms and replaced with the phrase "you *fruitcage* hopeless piece of ######" to avoid demoralizing pupils, a group of teachers has proposed.

Members of the Professional Association of Teachers (PAT) argue that telling pupils they have failed can put them off learning for life.

A spokesman for the group said it wanted to avoid labeling children. "We recognize that some children are just *fruitcage* stupid...we call this ADHD," he said.

"But I recognize that we can't just strike a word from the dictionary," he said.

The PAT said it would debate the proposal at a conference next week.

Archived