Bit of a rant about the press

Arnie

I'd expect more from a paper such as the Telegraph.. anyway (today's edition).

On the front page "CO19" are referenced as a police unit. Best of my knowledge it's called "SO19", a division of the Metropolitan Police.

Page 2 there's a headline reference to "Gun Police" storming a building... I mean that's just crass on so many levels. "Firearms officers", or "Armed Police" would actually be so much more accurate and at least sound like we're talkign like grown-ups.

Be nice to see a broadsheet paper printing something that encourages public respect in the Police (specifically armed units) rather than fear.

Of course the national media is all part of the plan of the Lizard People to brainwash us.. ;)

But yes, mainstream media commentary is dumbing-down.. Perhaps it's due to the more market-driven economy we live in? They've all got to compete for the global/national share and so hype sells and the culture of the ill-informed commentary/exclusive thrives, unfortunately..

For all its obvious flaws I like the old t'interweb to get news from and sort the wheat from the chaff in my own mind.. too many mainstream publications and programs seem to have their own self-perpetuating agendas these days.

Or maybe it's just the Lizard People...? ;)

Cheers

F

I'd expect more from a paper such as the Telegraph.. anyway (today's edition).

On the front page "CO19" are referenced as a police unit. Best of my knowledge it's called "SO19", a division of the Metropolitan Police.

hmmm

ga2260.jpg

could these blokes be in any way responsible for the mix up? :D

I read in one of the papers it was after they shot that brazilian man, it had a photo of one of the plain clothed police officers holding a G36K variant, and the caption said 'here we see a plain clothed officer holding his Mp5K personal defence weapon'

cheers

Archived