Mounts and Bipods for CA33E

thermo_nuclear

I thought the cheek piece was stick on, its a inexpensive little mod that has a nice touch to it so I will probably invest in one later.

I must admit that I don't tend to lay and wait either so I do move around alot but I think the bipod does look pretty awesome so just for aesthetic qualities I will make good use of one. Loctite sounds like a good idea, putting some in the threads will keep the screws from shaking loose at least for a while.

At the time I wasn't aware of it being plastic but knowing better now I will only accept metal. I am looking at some mounts that have caught my eye but am not going to buy until I know how well they fit to the gun.

The rings won't be too bad but it depends on scope quality as to what you pay... I must admit that I like the look of laser dot now after what I have seen of Goliath's weapon.

Thanks I will be referring to your site no doubt throughout my endeavours so I hope it will go well! Thankyou.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I'm thinking of the cheek piece too. I've been in situations where I've wanted a bipod before, at urban when camping in windows guarding buildings, and at pheonix, where you have to defend a bunker. I was laid under some trees and a bipod would of been so useful there. Didn't half make my arms ache :P.

Yeah, i saw it after, I found what I think I'll buy, not so sure about the overlap thing though, might have to chop it as urban near peterborough requiresa velocity reducer :(. Oh, does your gun go over 328 with that btw? while i rmemeber.

yeah, the gap I'm talking about is only about 1-2mm thick, i can see it in your's. It's just I find if the gap's at the front, not the back the legs won't fit  :huh: .

P.S. sorry for stealing the thread thermo_nuclear, but this may be useful for you in future if you want a tighter barrel. I'm hoping it will make my shots more consistent...

Haha! nah its cool about the thread, it will be helpful for me as well as anyone else who is customising their G3's. I am glad to it has opened up a discussion as there seems to be little help aside from Herr_Heckler's site that deals with G3 mods and there is plenty of parts and help available for American weapons like M15 and M16's.

Yeah, visiting more sites is good. Will be my plans for the hols when I've met some more people and got a touch better. Ain't going on my own and my mate's a bit of a pain for going places too far away .

Good luck with your gun btw. They're great fun I found, was impressed with the rate of fire when i first got it .

I hope I did the quote thing right...

Yeah when I get my gun i wanna get out there, and it has a better fps rating than tm guns out of the box which I am very positive about. thankfully I have my Brother and his mates to go with aswell as a few friends of mine. I don't mind travelling so long as it is worth it. Hopefully I will be living in Derby city soon so it will be a quick journey up the A38 and M1 and I can be about 20 mins away from Phoenix.

I must say I'm thinking of the cheek piece too. I've been in situations where I've wanted a bipod before, at urban when camping in windows guarding buildings, and at pheonix, where you have to defend a bunker. I was laid under some trees and a bipod would of been so useful there. Didn't half make my arms ache :P.

I found that is one benefit of the Famas is the pins on each side, even though the mag couldn't be in a more awkward place!!!!! Bipods are great for defending but little use when in an assault unless you are laying down fire...

And I just realised that I stuffed that quote thing up in the above post really badly. You will have to forgive my command of java/html coding!!!!

And I just realised that I stuffed that quote thing up in the above post really badly. You will have to forgive my command of java/html coding!!!!

That's alright. All you have to do is remove the quotes already there, then for each seperate quote put "[.quote]" at the beginning and "[./quote]" at the end. (without the dots in, had to do that to stop it quoting :blink: .

Well, this does have a high rate of fire, like most g3s so it ain't so bad for laying down fire :P. And yeah, it looks cool, especially on display in your room :P. Pity I can't do that at uni :(. But nm.

Ahhh I see, thanks for the tip.

I dunno, while your at uni it can make a nice centre piece for a desk... What you going for, Student Accoms??? like halls or are you going private?

I'm going halls. It says no guns, so I'm going to ask the hall manager by explaining the sport and stuff. If not then I'll have to pleed with the nice fellows at pheonix to let me keep it in a locker there......

It's a pretty big, hefty, expensive paper weight :P

I'm going halls. It says no guns, so I'm going to ask the hall manager by explaining the sport and stuff. If not then I'll have to pleed with the nice fellows at pheonix to let me keep it in a locker there......

It's a pretty big, hefty, expensive paper weight :P

haha no guns! Thats harsh, I am sure it shouldn't be a problem if it is kept covered up while in the building and in transit. It may be hefty but it is a nice paper weight to have ;)

haha no guns! Thats harsh, I am sure it shouldn't be a problem if it is kept covered up while in the building and in transit. It may be hefty but it is a nice paper weight to have  ;)

It sicks out of the end of the bag, so hard to cover :/ but can try. Has a little cover thing for the end, but can kinda see what it is....

Ah well, I'll see :), just bought me a tight bore barrel :D

Yeah, i saw it after, I found what I think I'll buy, not so sure about the overlap thing though, might have to chop it as urban near peterborough requiresa velocity reducer :(. Oh, does your gun go over 328 with that btw? while i rmemeber.

Ehehehe...I'm afraid I already upgraded the internals and it pushes (as per my friend that borrowed and chronoed it) around 490fps already. The details of the upgrade are on my site. :huh: Sadly, in this neck of the woods playing with a stock rig is like playing with one hand tied behind the back. :o

yeah, the gap I'm talking about is only about 1-2mm thick, i can see it in your's. It's just I find if the gap's at the front, not the back the legs won't fit  :huh: .

Since the only difference between us is the nut/screw that we used I assume that's the one causing the gap. Unless CA made some changes to the mounting area coz my CA was one of the first one's out of the plant...there were no spare mags when I bought it back then. :D

PS: If you need larger versions of the pics on my site for reference just PM or email me and the limit on file size attachments and I'll send you what I have post haste.

At the time I wasn't aware of it being plastic but knowing better now I will only accept metal. I am looking at some mounts that have caught my eye but am not going to buy until I know how well they fit to the gun.

Thanks I will be referring to your site no doubt throughout my endeavours so I hope it will go well!  Thankyou.

Here's one that caught my eye before but it was not available back then so I had to settle for the TM/CA low profile. It's the G&G Low Profile mount for G3/MP5 over at this HK store....WGC...look under accessories/mount base

You can try to email them for verification of fit and they usually answer in a day or 2.

Best wishes and enjoy. :D

Ehehehe...I'm afraid I already upgraded the internals and it pushes (as per my friend that borrowed and chronoed it) around 490fps already.  The details of the upgrade are on my site.  :huh:  Sadly, in this neck of the woods playing with a stock rig is like playing with one hand tied behind the back.  :o

Well i guess i'll have to test it with my new barrel when i get it <_< . But atm it fire at my countries limits....

Since the only difference between us is the nut/screw that we used I assume that's the one causing the gap.  Unless CA made some changes to the mounting area coz my CA was one of the first one's out of the plant...there were no spare mags when I bought it back then.  :D

PS:  If you need larger versions of the pics on my site for reference just PM or email me and the limit on file size attachments and I'll send you what I have post haste.

Well mine was bought in march i think. But there should be a small gap spomewhere in the fitting in the forgrip if you look. It's about 1.5 mm in mine, so not much. I just used tape to fill the gap. I tried the screw supplied and it stil didn't lock properly :blink:

I recall reading somewhere that a tight barrel will increase your FPS but only slightly...nothing dramatic so you should be well within limits. All the same it would really be prudent to chrono it right after installation.

One other thing...always keep it clean and well lubed. Due to the tighter tolerances the risk of jamming goes up. Some even tighter 6.03 barrels even have "preferred" BB brands.

Enjoy :D

It sicks out of the end of the bag, so hard to cover :/ but can try. Has a little cover thing for the end, but can kinda see what it is....

Ah well, I'll see :), just bought me a tight bore barrel  :D

Hehe then black bin liners are in order!

Nice! Im prove your shooting no end!!! I am gonna go for aesthetics then go for internals later when I have more $$$$!

Here's one that caught my eye before but it was not available back then so I had to settle for the TM/CA low profile.  It's the G&G Low Profile mount for G3/MP5 over at this HK store....WGC...look under accessories/mount base

You can try to email them for verification of fit and they usually answer in a day or 2.

Best wishes and enjoy.  :D

Excellent. Did you put the mid/high scope rings straight onto the top of this then? Forgive me being a complete ignoramous as I am a newbie in every shape and form. I must say i have my eye on the CA mount however the one you have put the link through to is a very nice looking and what looks to be practical base. Which I will take into consideration. It depends upon international shipping also.

Many thanks for your further advice it is greatly appreciated!

Here's one that caught my eye before but it was not available back then so I had to settle for the TM/CA low profile.  It's the G&G Low Profile mount for G3/MP5 over at this HK store....WGC...look under accessories/mount base

I never noticed the difference before, but looking atr that mount, looks like the tm one is longer. Has a bit sticking out the front I'm sure.

Excellent. Did you put the mid/high scope rings straight onto the top of this then?

Rings that will fit a 20mm weaver rail go straight onto it, yeah, and the scope is then held by the rings obviously.

Hehe then black bin liners are in order!

Nice! Im prove your shooting no end!!! I am gonna go for aesthetics then go for internals later when I have more $$$$!

This is the first internals for me, and only unless i damage the spring or anything, as it already fires at 328 fps.... which is making me slightly worried about the barrel. However, springs lose a bit after the first coupla thousand rounds i here, so should be ok.

I recall reading somewhere that a tight barrel will increase your FPS but only slightly...nothing dramatic so you should be well within limits. All the same it would really be prudent to chrono it right after installation.

One other thing...always keep it clean and well lubed. Due to the tighter tolerances the risk of jamming goes up. Some even tighter 6.03 barrels even have "preferred" BB brands.

I read that too, hence the thinking. Forgot you ain't form england. At the moment my gun's firing at 326-328 fps and limit for the country is 328. But, that was when it was brand new, like i said, so should be ok hopefully ;)

I never noticed the difference before, but looking atr that mount, looks like the tm one is longer. Has a bit sticking out the front I'm sure.

Rings that will fit a 20mm weaver rail go straight onto it, yeah, and the scope is then held by the rings obviously.

Its a question of whether the tm one is a decent fit??? The length of the rail doesn't bother as I have been looking at single L ring mounts... Looking at that I like the look of the CA low profile mount on wolf which has what I can see as a 20mm weaver. I figure start from that and see if the scope/dot what i want will go on it. Anyway i better get the gun first before I over step the mark! :D

Its a question of whether the tm one is a decent fit???  The length of the rail doesn't bother as I have been looking at single L ring mounts... Looking at that I like the look of the CA low profile mount on wolf which has what I can see as a 20mm weaver. I figure start from that and see if the scope/dot what i want will go on it. Anyway i better get the gun first before I over step the mark!  :D

True enough. I just thoguht that if you went for a large scope in the end, it might be easier to fit on a longer one. Not tried one yet mind. I've got a counter lever mount with my king arms, and it would fit fine on that. Just depends what you go for in the end i guess. It fits ok.... just not all the way at the front

Yes, I think the TM/CA version is a bit longer. The key difference is that the TM/CA has an interrupted rail while the G&G has a straight rail. You're very correct in considering the rings and scope you'll be using. An L mount (I think) will fit only between the legs of the TM/CA or at the very end albeit it may not look right. The same L mount might have more leeway for eye-relief positioning on the G&G.

I must emphasize I was not able to test the G&G for myself. It wasn't in-stock when I started buying my scope+ring+mount setup. I'm afraid I cannot confirm to you if it'll fit the 33.

Goliath is correct...any ring that'll fit the 20mm rail should be fine.

Hmmm...would you by chance take an interest in fitting an ACOG scope? If you do I think that may encounter some problems with the TM/CA mount. I say "I think" coz I'm not 100% sure of my recollection when I tried fitting a friend's ACOG on my 33.

As to covering that bit that sticks out...ever consider those golf club covers? Hehehe. It'll make your stuff look disarming with one of those furry things on the end...hehehe...might even make for some good conversation. :D

Yes, I think the TM/CA version is a bit longer.  The key difference is that the TM/CA has an interrupted rail while the G&G has a straight rail.  You're very correct in considering the rings and scope you'll be using.  An L mount (I think) will fit only between the legs of the TM/CA or at the very end albeit it may not look right.  The same L mount might have more leeway for eye-relief positioning on the G&G.

I will have to inquire about the G&G mount.

I can see the interrupter in the CA mount, is there still access to the rail in between these interrutptions, I mean does it detach away from the mount points so as to slide scope mounts into the centre part of the rail between interruptors?

I was gonna suggest a sock but golf club covers sound cool!

I can see the interrupter in the CA mount, is there still access to the rail in between these interrutptions, I mean does it detach away from the mount points so as to slide scope mounts into the centre part of the rail between interruptors?

I was gonna suggest a sock but golf club covers sound cool!

I'm not sure if I got your question correctly but I'll try...the interruptors (or legs) don't detach. To install rings on the central part you'll have to loosen the clamp screws enough to allow them to clamp on in the center. I think your planning to slide them in from the front or back, right? You can't.

With the G&G, being a straight rail, you can.

I wish I still had my CA33 to take pics for you...sorry. I hope someone can assist you on that part. :(

You can also try those hand puppet thingies. :D

H_H :D

I'm not sure if I got your question correctly but I'll try...the interruptors (or legs) don't detach.  To install rings on the central part you'll have to loosen the clamp screws enough to allow them to clamp on in the center.  I think your planning to slide them in from the front or back, right?  You can't.

I wish I still had my CA33 to take pics for you...sorry.  I hope someone can assist you on that part.  :(

You can also try those hand puppet thingies.  :D

H_H  :D

Yeah you understood my question!!! I appreciate all the help you have given it is really useful! I would go straight for the G&G if I knew what the fit was like to CA. Once I have that verified I will make my decision!

Your site is proving to be most useful as I have read the bipod mounting bit very thoroughly so no worries about pics as I think everything I need is on there!

Haha yeah hand puppets would be a really nice accompanying feature, just remebmber to take them off the barrel before you fire... it could be a soft toy blood bath otherwise.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I got your question correctly but I'll try...the interruptors (or legs) don't detach. To install rings on the central part you'll have to loosen the clamp screws enough to allow them to clamp on in the center. I think your planning to slide them in from the front or back, right? You can't.

I wish I still had my CA33 to take pics for you...sorry. I hope someone can assist you on that part.

If I understood the question I could get photos, but unfortunately I'm a bit confused :( . I don't understand why you'd slide the mounts on (haven't looked at mount rings yet, but I thought you could take off one side, place on and screw back on?).

You can also try those hand puppet thingies. 

What a good idea, I have an old sooty and sweep (if you know them) that I could put on top of it :D. More vital now as I'm buying an aps2 ex (kinda long looking).

If I understood the question I could get photos, but unfortunately I'm a bit confused  :( . I don't understand why you'd slide the mounts on (haven't looked at mount rings yet, but I thought you could take off one side, place on and screw back on?).

Its ok its me being a dunce! (as per) I knwow hat i emant and I understand what i needed to know now anyway!!! DOH!

Hahaha Everyone one has an old sooty or sweep lurkin in their wardrobe!

Hahaha Everyone one has an old sooty or sweep lurkin in their wardrobe!

And soon you may see a "sooty" or "sweep" flying thru the air at 300+ fps...coz someone forgot to uncover their AEG before the game. :flamed:

Being one of the "heathen" I wouldn't mind being enlightened as to what a "sooty" and a "sweep" is...or are...or whatever. :D

Hope we get to see a pic of your project soon thermo. :D

Archived