Eagle Industries Plate Carrier with Cummerbund

Hitlery

I was all set on getting a TT MAV, when I realized how small the thing is! I realized i would like a full sized plate carrier-style rig. I was looking at the Weesatch/woosatch and browsing OPTG, when I found this under Eagle Industries:

http://www.optactical.com/eainplcawicu.html

My first thought was, "HOT!" but I have some questions:

1) Anyone have any personal experience with it?

2) What size should I get? I'm 5'9 and about 170 pounds, should I get small/medium or Large/XL?

3) Comfortable? Or bulky and hot?

4) I'm still debating whether I should get this or a TT MAV with a bib. Obviously there's a price difference, and I like the looks of this a lot more, I just wanna know if this thing is any good.

5) Does this thing sag at all or anything without replica plates?

6)Weesatch or this?

Thanks in advance.

The first thing I looked for was integrated mag pouches. The weesatch comes with room for (I think) 10 magazines, whereas this vest requires pouches for it to be used at all.

Im personally thinking about all three Satches (Wasatch, Weesatch, and Woosatch). As of now, I've decided on the Wasatch, but Im sure Ill change my mind later.

Welp! Let's see what everyone else thinks!

What are some of the differences between this and a CIRAS. Is the quick detatchability the only major one? The cummerbund look is definitely starting to grow on me.

This is the description of the CIRAS

The Eagle Industries Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (C.I.R.A.S.) is now the armor carrier of choice for USSOCOM (BALCS-R). The C.I.R.A.S. vest incorporates a single release cable (Patent Pending) that makes the assembly process easier than it's predecessors. There are two versions of the Eagle C.I.R.A.S. vest, the Maritime (CMS-MAR-CIRAS) and the Land version (CMS-MC-CIRAS).

CIRAS Vest Features:

** Heavy-duty, abrasion and water resistant 1000 denier Dupont® Cordura® nylon exterior construction.

** 1” Mil. Spec. webbing cross straps for mounting MOLLE pouches.

** Detachable shoulder pads.

** Internal and external cummerbunds for tight, secure fit.

** Fully adjustable for height and girth.

Color: Olive Drab and Khaki are standard

Sizing:

Small CIRAS goes with Small SPEAR BALCS soft armor. The Small CIRAS fits Small, Medium, and Large SAPI/BALCS plates. It does not fit X Large SAPI/BALCS plates.

Medium CIRAS goes with Medium SPEAR BALCS soft armor. The Medium CIRAS fits S, M, L, and XL SAPI/BALCS plates.

Large CIRAS goes with Large SPEAR BALCS soft armor. The Large CIRAS fits S, M, L, and XL SAPI/BALCS plates.

X Large CIRAS goes with X Large SPEAR BALCS soft armor. The X Large CIRAS fits S, M, L, and XL SAPI/BALCS plates.

The CIRAS is sized the same as any SPEAR BALCS pattern vest. If you wore a Medium RAV, your Medium RAV armor is designed to fit in the Medium CIRAS. You size the vest based on the soft armor coverage needed to meet your protection needs and comfort level.

Eagle Industries Combat Integrated Releasable Armor System (Maritime Version)

EA:CMS-MAR-CIRASRegular price: $584.80Our Price:

The one we are talking about is this:

Eagle Industries proudly presents its new plate carrier system with cummerbund. The PC-W/C features both comfort and durability in a modular system. The carrier easily integrates with the CMS-RRS-V and can support both soft armor and ballistic plates. The new contoured cut allows for ease of movement and maximum space for pouch attachment. Constructed of 1000 Denier Cordura® fabric with SecureTac™ stitching the PC-W/C will stand up to the toughest operation.

PC-W/C Features:

** Front slot with retainer for a pistol or extra mag.

** Easy access to ballistic plates with pull down flaps.

** Quick attachment points on front of vest.

** Easy side attachment for quick donning.

** Elastic on top shoulder for hydration tube and communication wire.

** Cummerbund can carry soft armor as well as 6" x 6" hard armor plates for extra protection.

Color: Olive Drab Khaki and Multicam

Eagle Industries Plate Carrier with Cummerbund

EA:PC-W/CRegular price: $198.14Our Price:

:Dr_Evil:

Ive been using one of these plate carriers for the past two months now.

They're absolutely fantastic although they're VERY...VERY hot and VERY tight.

If you need a rig that will breath a bit id suggest you go for the woosatch over the eagle plate carrier.

There is no reason whatsoever to buy the s/m carrier unless you're a midgit. The large/xl has more pals webbing on it yet its still a small, compact rig.

Yes.

Honestly, these eagle carriers take a special kind of lunatic to wear.

They're a pain in the butt to get into and they dont breath. Now, having said that, despite these drawbacks i still love this rig.

You said earlier that you were learning towards a woosatch. Id probably just stick with that unless you think you can deal with the heat.

Ive been using one of these plate carriers for the past two months now.

They're absolutely fantastic although they're VERY...VERY hot and VERY tight.

If you need a rig that will breath a bit id suggest you go for the woosatch over the eagle plate carrier.

There is no reason whatsoever to buy the s/m carrier unless you're a midgit.  The large/xl has more pals webbing on it yet its still a small, compact rig.

How do you quantify midget? I'm of slender build, (chest barely 36" around), which would be better for me?

I'll second everything Magsz said. Great quality, but can be hot & tight (not always a bad thing, *cough*). Forunately heat isn't too much of a problem where I usually play. It's also a bit of a pain to get into/out of, especially when loaded.

It does not sag at all without plates. Because of the integrated mag pouches, my Weesatch tends to sag a bit as I use my mags up, until I find the time in-between skirmishes to re-arrange my mags (empties out of the dump pouch, back in the weestach on the right, shifting full mags to the left as needed). That's not really a problem, though, just thought I'd mention it since you asked about sagging, and some people I know leave all their spent mags in a dump pouch until they reload.

I'm guessing you should go for the large. I'm 5'7" and the medium seems barely large enough to me. Sorry, I don't have pics of me wearing it.

I still haven't decided which one to keep, I need to skirmish more in it. I find myself switching between the Eagle & my modular belt right now, depending on what loadout I need & how tired I am; most of the fields I play at have a lot of steep hills, so the Eagle doesn't stay on all day. Never used the TT MAV, so can't comment on that one.

Archived