CA33E into HK33SG1

badkarma1354

My main question about this project is if I can get a g3 stock to fit on the gun. I would assume it wouldn't, but I have seen some pictures of the CA33e with a different stock. I was also wondering what sight rails work and what ones aren't worth my time or money. I would also appreciate any links to replica harris bipods that work well. Any other advice would be great.

I once contemplated this too.

Basically, a G3 SG/1 stock will not fit a CA33 body. For one thing, the G3 stock has 2 pin holes, the CA33 stock has 1.

The G3 bipod will fit the CA33 front end though.

Easiest thing would be to just get the G3 bipod and the stock-comb from an SG/1 shoulder stock - then add a replica HK quick-detach claw mount and a scope and Robert is your father's brother. :D

What would be involved in switching the endcaps on a stock? I am fairly tool savy, I just don't want to be grinding and cutting a stock.

I have a CA33SG1 i have a G3SG1 bipod that fits easily and swapped the standard butcap on the stock with an extended G3SG1 butcap. I then added a TM low profile G3 mount and scope. IF you want some pics of it drop me a PM and i will try and send you some

What would be involved in switching the endcaps on a stock?  I am fairly tool savy, I just don't want to be grinding and cutting a stock.

Just remove the sg-1 stockfrom the G3 endcap and put the sg-1 stock on the ca33 endcap,and also the stocks should pop right off the endcap.

Thank you very much for your help. I was also wondering if anyone can tell me why the CA SG1 stock is so much cheaper than the other stocks.

Archived