KWA and trademarks

urbandork

Do kwa g19's have trade marks on them? The ksc ones do right?

I ask because a friend of mine is deciding between a ksc and a kwa. I know they are basically the same gun just made for sales in a diffrent market but do they have the same type of trades. Any thing else diffrent about them.

Are there two diffrent metal slides for them. a jpn one with trades and a cheaper one with no trades?

Do kwa g19's have trade marks on them? The ksc ones do right?

I ask because a friend of mine is deciding between a ksc and a kwa. I know they are basically the same gun just made for sales in a diffrent market but do they have the same type of trades. Any thing else diffrent about them.

Are there two diffrent metal slides for them. a jpn one with trades and a cheaper one with no trades?

KWA has no trademarks at all! So, if trademark's a big thing, go for the KSC. Also, KWA's USP compact seems to have some problem with its o-ring, which is not a problem for KSC USP compacts.

Since you are asking for the G19, the stock plastic KSC G19's trademarks are fake. Instead of "Glock", it just has a big "G", and instead of "Austia", it says "milspec". But if you get a custom metal slide, you should get the proper trademarks.

KWA has no trademarks at all!  So, if trademark's a big thing, go for the KSC.  Also, KWA's USP compact seems to have some problem with its o-ring, which is not a problem for KSC USP compacts. 

Since you are asking for the G19, the stock plastic KSC G19's trademarks are fake.  Instead of "Glock", it just has a big "G", and instead of "Austia", it says "milspec".  But if you get a custom metal slide, you should get the proper trademarks.

I thought thats the way it went with kwa not having trades.

As for the stock plastic ksc 19 slide only having want to be trades what about a full metal g19 from ksc.

my friend is intrested in this one.

http://airsoftshop.polyactive.net/display.asp?ID=1647

hes also been down to AE and looking at the kwa 19. Hes a fo show kinda guy so i figured he like the trades on the airsoftshop full metal ksc 19 over the cheaper kwa 19.

I know theres lots of threads out there about the 19's both ksc and kwa but if theres anything anyone would like to say go right a head.

thanks

The one in the link looks good.

Personally, I'd choose KSC over KWA any given day.

I believe the reason KSC changed the trademark on their new G19s is because Glock threatened to sue KSC. Also note that there's no Glock Logo on the grip anymore either. My KSC 17 has all real trademarks, and couldn't find a KSC's own trademark anywhere on it (same for my USP compact. Gotta love KSC for that). ;)

Actually said guns (or at least certainly the USP Compact) have a tiny little KSC logo hiding under the slide release lever, but you can't see it when the gun's assembled so it doesn't make any difference.

Anyway, neither the KSC now KWA Glock 19s have real trademarks, but the KSC has 'fake' trademarks as mentioned before. The KWA has no slide markings at all, but if you get the metal-slide version from Airsoft Armoury (if you're in the UK) then that has proper trade marks on it, including the real Glock logo etc.

Still, as they share the same frame (well, the same mould at least), neither the KSC now KWA have the little Glock logo on the grip.

Eh?

My KWA Glock 19 has Trademarks on the slide. The only trademark that is obviously missing are the Glock logo on the bottom of the magazine and on the bottom of the handgrip. The slide markings are pretty comprehensive.

There are those who have said that the Glock logo on the slide isn't accurate and, if you look carefully, taht is correct. However, the Glock logo is only fractionally squarer than the real thing so it's not a big deal, IMO. Beyond that, the KWA G19 has as many trades on the slide as any other pistol I've seen.

Some people mutter about the green finish of the KSC guns being more realistic. I dunno where they get that from. I've shot real Glocks. They're black. Not green-black, or whatever. Shiny black plastic.

[edit]

And let's not even get into how reliable KWA G19s are.

They're absolutely bomb-proof. The whole pistol comprises about 4 moving parts and most of them are metal. They run on green gas and provide a helluva recoil kick. They are accurate and reliable.

The only reason not to buy one would be if you were a collector and you were desperate for a gun with accurate markings. However, of course, that's not to say that the KSC gun has accurate markings.

You'll have to show me the box cover that says KWA to convince me. :P  But even then, I'd say AA probably put a custom metal slide that has trades on the KWA G19.  Anyways, you got a good deal. :)

Was there anything else?

I didn't get a "good deal". I got the same deal as everybody else who spends the £65 on a KWA G19 from AA or Wolf.

Now, if only the bas*ards would import some spare bloody magazines! :(

yea mags are thin on the ground, just bought a ksc g19 mag on a forum and hopefully should arrive in the next few days :) Got my kjw m9 now tho with 2 mags so thats fun too :D good bargin aswell (imo)

EDIT: damn tempted to buy a 2nd g19 but need to save for the hk33/53 sd mod now :(

A mate of mine tried to get me one of those from bb-toyz when he went to visit. Unfortunately the owner had taken most of the stock to a show on the day he visited.

Since then my mate's been back and bought one. Says it's great.

Personally, I'm torn between the M9 and the USP. I think bb-toyz are selling a KJW USP with a metal slide for FORTY FIVE QUID!

But yes they said they think their suppliers add the slides before they get to the shop.

Interesting, so it seems only the KWA exports to the US use plain slides, and it would look like something in the attachment.

There are plenty G19 magzines for sale (less than $30) in any of the US airsoft retailers though. ;) For example, http://www.airsoftshogun.com/P_167.htm

post-875-1100149254_thumb.jpg

A mate of mine tried to get me one of those from bb-toyz when he went to visit. Unfortunately the owner had taken most of the stock to a show on the day he visited.

Since then my mate's been back and bought one. Says it's great.

Personally, I'm torn between the M9 and the USP. I think bb-toyz are selling a KJW USP with a metal slide for FORTY FIVE QUID!

:) don't buy it i had one and a couple of days after the mags broke i had 2,

i got mine new from bb-toyz for 45 quid but i think they have put the price up. if your'e going to get one get the m9 with a bit of sanding to the slide it will take tm mags.

In case it isn't entirely clear, UK KWA Glock's have trademarks, whereas US KWA Glock's do not. So since the original poster mentioned AE (Presumably Airsoft Extreme) I'm guessing he is in the US, and hence the KWA he buys will have an entirely blank slide. You can get the UNCo Custom KSC G19 which will have a trademarked slide, and is supposed to be a not bad deal, though no trades on the frame is standard now. Most annoyingly of all, even new production G17s lack trademarks on the frame, which ###### me off to no end. I like the G19 frame's feel more, but can't stand its compact size, and now I'm robbed of proper trades as well? Villainy!

Archived